After 2.5 Update - 1.5 Legacy Version - Now Internet Logon Required ?

Igor4U

I have Updated to 2.5+, but accepted the Option to keep a copy of Final 1.5.

DCS World 1.5 Final Stable version: 1.5.8.12823.414 (my update log shows) Is this Correct ?

When offered the Option to Retain (Save) my Final Version of DCS World 1.5 (1.5.8.12823.414) along with upgrading (Migrating) to DCS World 2.5, I thought it would be an excellent idea. Especially since DCS World 2.5+ changed it's DRM scheme from (Local Drive stored) Key-Based to Internet Connection required Authorization Login.

By keeping a copy of the Older DCS World 1.5, I was planning to have an Off-Line Option to fly all my Pre 2.5 Modules. Final Stable 1.5 would allow me to skip Logging in, and open up and allow me to fly all my Modules with the caveat - "Multi-Player will not be Available".

So I went to open up 1.5 the other day, and the first thing it did was update it's Updater (even though I thought there are no further updates for Final 1.5) - Correct ? Then it asked if I wanted to update to 2.5+ ==== I said "NO" and closed the Update Box.

After doing that - I tried to Open DCS World (1.5) without Logging in (like I used to before upgrading to 2.5). CAN't be Done Now. DCS World Crashes if you try to open without Logging In. :mad: Logging in allowed me to Open DCS World 1.5.

But what's the Sense of (now) Retaining the Final 1.5 Version (1.5.8.12823.414) if you lose the No Log-On Functionality / Flyability. :huh:

Is this just me ?

Is their a Way to get 1.5 back to opening up in Non-Multi-Player Avialable Mode. Or are the Good Old Days gone Forever ?

So No Internet - No Fly ?

Funny - Worked OK Today

Seems to have reset itself and worked OK Offline Today.

Had me scared for a while there

No Idea why it was crashing yesterday from not Logging In.

PS: OK - Fly Jet - No Sweat :pilotfly: