Air to Air refueling

pete_auau

If you fly with an AI wingman , go to the tanker , when near send to your wingman go refuel with help of com menu ( F3 i guess) .

Your wingman go to refuel , once he finish refuel return in formation on you .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK my mistake .... I use French language DCS .

I just try :

To refuel your wingman .

Open your com menu , chose F1 "Flight"

then F3 "Go at "

then F4 To Tanker

Your wingman go to tanker for refuel . then done he come to you in formation .

It works fine , i have try with AV8B and i m sure it s work with every module AAR Capable . if you use hardcore module (A10C AV8B ....ect ) check your frequencies to communicate with your patrol . FC3 module are simply to use with coms .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK my mistake .... I use French language DCS .

I just try :

To refuel your wingman .

Open your com menu , chose F1 "Flight"

then F3 "Go at "

then F4 To Tanker

Your wingman go to tanker for refuel . then done he come to you in formation .

It works fine , i have try with AV8B and i m sure it s work with every module AAR Capable . if you use hardcore module (A10C AV8B ....ect ) check your frequencies to communicate with your patrol . FC3 module are simply to use with coms .

Ah, I see. Apologies. Many thanks much appreciated.

Also, when creating missions in the editor and you have several flights which are not part of the player's flight but you want those AI Flights to Air-2-Air refuel under "Advanced Waypoint Options" you can command them (provided they have the equipment) to seek a tanker for refueling and once done they will return to their planned route.

I m note sure ( because i fly most time in coop multiplayer) , but if you fliy with Ai wingman , you must ask your wingman to go tanker First , then you can refuel at your turn .

Wenever , after refuel you don't have anything to ask at your wingman when he have finish his refuel , he take formation on you .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It’s not implemented in the F-18 at the moment. But if you search the forums, there was a post where someone posted a modified comm.lua that added the Go To Tanker to the F-18 wingman comm menu. If I find it I’ll come back and edit this post.

Found it...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217749&highlight=tanker

Edited by steven43291

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

It’s not implemented in the F-18 at the moment. But if you search the forums, there was a post where someone posted a modified comm.lua that added the Go To Tanker to the F-18 wingman comm menu. If I find it I’ll come back and edit this post.

Found it...

Thanks Steven. :thumbup:

Found it...

Thx for that, works like a charm wingman took the number one basket whilst I took number 2:)