Any point in raising a support ticket with ED? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
imacken

Default Any point in raising a support ticket with ED?

There are so many points raised in these forums that seem to get ignored or not responded to by both ED and 3rd party devs which is frustrating for many users, and I just wondered if there is any benefit to raising a support ticket with ED or not.
Is that a useful thing to do, or are they just responded to in a kind of 'we'll pass that info on' type way?
Just curious.
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · Oculus Rift
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
Saintan

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...pport/faq/710/

If someone wants an issue addressed properly, it has to be documented properly; as per the link above. A lot of forum chatter is generalized and would require far too many developer resources to drill down through.

By issuing a formal "ticket" and providing the required info, we have the best chance of getting issues addressed. Cheers!
Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II
Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

Saintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Coxy_99

Basically no proof or it didnt happen.
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Basically no proof or it didnt happen.
Do you mean these are the standard responses to raising a ticket?
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · Oculus Rift
Old 08-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

Eh... I gather If we don't post, nobody will notice these bugs (many of which slip through internal testers apparently). If we do post, then maybe, just maybe someone will notice or at least NL will "pass that info on" with whatever outcome.

A kind of a "better than nothing" scenario.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #6
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
Eh... I gather If we don't post, nobody will notice these bugs (many of which slip through internal testers apparently). If we do post, then maybe, just maybe someone will notice or at least NL will "pass that info on" with whatever outcome.

A kind of a "better than nothing" scenario.
I wasn't questioning the value of posting here, I was asking if there was any point in raising a support ticket.
It's a very unusual situation with DCS in the sense that, normally, when someone buys software, if there is a query, you call the company or drop them an email, and usually get an answer pretty quickly.
Here, one can ask questions - not necessarily about bugs - and just never get an answer.
I mean, it is really frustrating when you can see a year or two pass since a response from a dev says an issue is being dealt with (or promised) and no progress is made.
I might try going down the support ticket route and ask a couple of questions I have and see what happens.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Brixmis

Support have responded to every message I have sent them.

Moderators haven't though
Old 08-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #8
NineLine
Community Manager

We do out best to cover most of the major issues, but we can always reply to every thread started.

PMs should be answered, but if you are sending them to ED Team members, its possible they will get missed, if you have something you need to send to an ED Team member, you can go through me and I can help see if its something that should be passed to them.

Tickets are more for issues beyond what Moderators are able to handle, such as account issues, activation problems, etc. Bug reports are better her than in tickets.

If you are sending moderators messages and getting ignored, make sure to send to more than one, most are volunteers, and go on vacation or get busy with other things.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
Brixmis

Thanks for your reply
Old 08-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixmis View Post
Thanks for your reply
I will go on the record of saying, I have done that before, I will probably do it again

I get busy, I put a response off for later, and then remember 3 days later I didnt respond

Dont do it all the time, but I do... so sorry for that.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote