Reputation System - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #11
Rudel_chw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
... it's bad because I no longer can give a feedback on people's post.

I understand your reasoning, but you can still give feedback on a post simply by writing it on a following post on the same thread.

Quote:
... having a way to see if someone has a good or bad reputation helps a lot.

True, but it helps only if the reputation is real and not the result of some abuse.

This community isnt really that large and after a while you start to remember who are the people that really contributes and help others

... and if I ever interact with someone who is "a dick" then I still have the option of puting him (or her, who knows) on the ignore list and never see his posts again
Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #12
NineLine
Community Manager

1.1 and 1.2 rules are pretty important to this community, and were getting ducked around by using this rep system to do so. I liked this system myself, but again, it added a layer of headaches for all around.

I did talk to our web guy about options, and that when the forum is upgraded at some point, we could look at new mods or addons to the forum. I think something that only allowed postive feedback would work better, but when we get there we will see.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 03-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #13
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Thanks, it doesn't have to be now obviously. But as long as it comes back in the future, that's fine. Will it be missed? hell yeah, but I can get used to it

I love this community and I am not leaving it just because of that. Of course not.

About the forum upgrades, oh yeah it definitely needs a few, such as a mobile version for our smartphones (ED is aware of it I think).

This community is full of ideas, so don't hesitate to ask us.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 03-05-2018, 10:27 PM   #14
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Today we have disabled the rep system. As time has gone along we have notice the system getting abused more and more. We have received a number of complaints and have decided to disable it. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns on this.
NineLine, to be able to give (constructive) feedback, we would need to know in what way the rep system has been abused and what the complaints were about.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #15
Grimes
ED Testers Team

The reputation system was a nice low effort way to show support or displeasure at someone without making it obvious with a PM or public with a simple reply. It was also low effort on the receivers part because it was mostly a tacit reminder of what people think about you. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I once had a whole squadron negative rep me, when stuff like that happens you just gotta laugh it off at the absurdity of it.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:39 PM   #16
Cibit
Veteran

Most of my rep points where awarded for helping people and writing guides. I am a bit miffed TBH that the rep system has been pulled. I was never aware of abuse of the rep system. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the specific reasons behind the descision

Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #17
Axelerator

I think you guys made the right move. Rep system wasn't very valuable in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:43 PM   #18
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
NineLine, to be able to give (constructive) feedback, we would need to know in what way the rep system has been abused and what the complaints were about.
Its been used to use inappropriate language towards someone, and abuse comments of all levels. I dont want to list specifics, but they were bad enough to warrant action. With PMs, they can be reported, so for now if you want to thank someone in private, that is the way to go.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 03-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #19
Kippy

Feel like this is a blow to the guys who actually spend time trying to write out well thought out and helpful posts, seeking to make a good impression with the community. Rep gave us something measurable in that regard.

Now, there's no consequence to being a general hooting *obscenity* as long as you follow the rules.

I've always thought the DCS community to be full of outstanding individuals, and I personally thought that rep was a good way to reward those individuals. After all, if you were a person who cared about rep, you probably made a conscious effort to make posts that would get you rep. You know, the kind of posts we want to see on these forums. Constructive, helpful, and well thought out.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #20
Shadow KT

Ugh, I have mixed feelings about this.

The rep system really helped giving the so needed appreciation to the people, who were some of the bright stars on this forum, helping others, making guides and so on.

But on the other hand I understand why disabling it would considered. A lot of people had gained rep slowly, trough the years, from random posts, not really living up to it.

I've had 4 or 5 neg reps(red), and 70ish percent of them were revenge rep, because I criticized someone and they were salty about it, downvoting a post of mine, witch had nothing to do with the topic and no arguments what so ever.

But at the end of the day, we don't really need the rep system I guess. We know who the good guys are, and I believe that they don't do it for the rep

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Closed Thread