DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Hi,

I have the switch panel only atm,

I would like to understand why/when should I use key emulator or dcs bios method?

Pros and cons...

When switching aircrafts within DCS , will the appropriate profile auto load? or should I alt tab and select it manually?

Many thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

Use DCS BIOS as often as you can because your switches will be synchronised with the ones in game. But sometimes, the command you want to generate does not exist in the DCS BIOS commands list. So you have to revert to key emulator. But then you are loosing this sync feature which is kinda of a big deal for me.

No, you have to open the right profile on DCSFP to fly a given aircraft. No automatic load or alt tab possible.

Use DCS BIOS as often as you can because your switches will be synchronised with the ones in game. But sometimes, the command you want to generate does not exist in the DCS BIOS commands list. So you have to revert to key emulator. But then you are loosing this sync feature which is kinda of a big deal for me.

No, you have to open the right profile on DCSFP to fly a given aircraft. No automatic load or alt tab possible.

Thank you!

Callsign   SETUP

Hi

i would make a collection of DCS-Flightpanel profiles an put them to download.

To Help new Users get into Flightpanels and/or improve existing Profiles.

Here is what i have for now:

Github DCS Flightpanel Profiles

i have taken some of the profiles postet in this thread.

if some one have some more profiles he want to share, feel free to contact me.

or post it

Hi again,

I have played a bit with DCS BIOS for the Sync purpose, and did not see it really synced...

for example I have changed the pitot heat to OFF and formation lights to ON, then I took a hot plane on the runway and those controls were not synced (pitot was ON and Formation OFF as expected in a hot plane).

I've tried to change one button (pitot) to get the program running and "syncing" the rest of the buttons maybe - but it did not move to sync to my buttons.

Am I doing something wrong or I miss understood it??

p.s. whenever I edit a button it is actually deleted when I save and try to refresh... seems no real editing is possible, only delete the command and start over. maybe it's a known issue...

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

Sorry for being away. I am still without my PC, (Thank you Verkkokauppa.com for fast service). On Friday it is 4 weeks since I left it for service, took them 1 week just to get the damn PC from Raisio to Helsinki where they have service contractors. God damn it.

I will look into the problem with configs not being saved asap, depends whether I will have to reinstall my PC which takes a few days. Of course once I get it back.

I will also add Warlords contributions to DCS-BIOS. He's made good progress of adding controls and searching for profiles to add to the repo.

Ron, yes, let me be more specific about this sync.

If you are jumping in a hot aircraft and your physical switches are not in the right position, nothing will happen.

But then, depending on how you define your profile in DCSFP, the moment you flip one of your physical switch, the behavior will be different. Here is how.

Let's take an example with the anti collision switch in game. In a hot aircraft, it is already turned on.

- If using the keyboard emulator in your DCSFP, flipping the physical switch up (ON) will turn your anti collision OFF in game because the command to switch it on and off is the same. From this moment, your physical switch will never match the position of your virtual one.

- If using DCS BIOS in your DCSFP Profile, flipping the physical switch up (ON) will do nothing because DCS BIOS will see that your virtual switch is already ON. Flipping your physical switch OFF will then properly switch your virtual switch off too. So you'll be in sync.

I got myself a BIP now :) ...

I'm trying to configure it with the A-10C now (later on the F-18 etc...)

It seems I can't really program an Auto Pilot light to stay on and/or turn off when I switch it off -

[Laste AP toggle] button.

I know it's not on the warning panel but in the HUD.

how can I program it correctly?

Thanks!

EDIT: Suggestion... I think a "clone" feature for a configuration could be useful,

like when you want to define Red light ON trigger, and Dark trigger for the same control.

Edited by ron533
"clone" feature

Callsign   SETUP

I will help with all this once verkkokauppa.com get my PC fixed.

Called today, apparently my PC has been overlooked at the service contractor and has not been in the service queue. Called them on Wednesday and they said they would make my PC a priority but no go (perhaps next week based on the rather listless person I talked to today). A PC can be checked & fixed in a working day. verkkokauppa.com's service is known for this.

4 weeks today..

---------------------------------------------------------

huolto huono kokemuksia verkkokauppa.com takuu palautus

:angry::argue::wallbash:

I am back!

Try this release. Does it save the config properly?

Good to see you back! :)

I've tried it right now and unfortunately it still does not save the edit.

To be clear - I'm talking about the PZ55 switch panel.

In The BIP panel it works fine. ( I have no other panles to test with)

Steps description:

1. Right click "Edit DCS-BIOS Control"

2. Create a new control and name it. press OK.

3. Pressing Save on the disk icon and refresh it. (all ok up to here)

4. Go back to the command by right click "Edit DCS-BIOS Control"

5. Edit the value for instance or even the description of the command. press OK.

6. Press Save on the disk icon.

Result:

The command is deleted.

I have to run the process all over again just to change a value or rename the description.

and If it's a multiple command button... :( ...

please also see my previous remark on adding a 'clone' or 'copy' option in addition to the "new/ edit /delete" options, if possible,

as this would save time when you program 2 values for the same command, especially in BIP, for dark/red light for example...

Many Thanks!!

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

New try. Is this working properly?

[AV8BNA added + bugfixes] Download latest DCS-BIOS too.

There are a lot of changes done when editing BIP links, DCS-BIOS controls. Changes are made in PZ70, PZ55, TPM and PZ69 (key emulation version). So there might be I have introduced some bugs.

Edited by ArturDCS

New try. Is this working properly.

[AV8BNA added + bugfixes] Download latest DCS-BIOS too.

There are a lot of changes done when editing BIP links, DCS-BIOS controls. Changes are made in PZ70, PZ55, TPM and PZ69 (key emulation version). So there might be I have introduced some bugs.

Well Done sir!

Editing works fine now!:thumbup:

Many thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

ron533, did you get the BIP and HUD configured? Regarding cloning configuration, in which location in DSCFP do you mean it could be? Which window?

1. Regarding BIP and HUD - no, but I don't know if it can be sorted here...

In the A-10C whenever I switch ON the autopilot (control id "LASTE_AP_TOGGLE")

I wanted the BIP light to turn ON (an indication of the auto pilot ON - is seen in the hud),

and OFF when auto pilot is disengaged,

but since it's not a switch , rather a push button, it lights briefly when I press the auto pilot engage button, and then it switches OFF immediately, since the button returns to its position.

is there a way to keep it ON while auto pilot is still engaged?

2. Regarding the clone thing, I wanted to clone control id's and then edit them.

it's in this window for example, in addition to "edit/delete'.

add 'clone' button , so I can select a line and 'clone' it, then edit it:

attachment.php?attachmentid=188239&d=1529745161

but I realize now that you cannot edit the BIP color anyway.

If you could also edit the color - then it would be useful to clone a 'control Id' and just change the 'color' and 'value',

for example DARK "GEAR_N_SAFE" -> select it here and press clone, which will add the same control ID and values below,

and now change color from DARK to GREEN and value 0 from 1 ...

saving the time to look for it in the controls again.

Saying that, I see how it might be a feature too big and risky to change...

Maybe if you are too bored sometime :) ....

Thank you for your excellent support!!

Regards,

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

Clone button added (colors), color menu added to grid

Configuring BIP DCS-BIOS & Landing LED hooks window functionality added.

Now possible to clone entries and using right mouse click change colors.

This is a prerelease. Please report back that it works as intended.

:pilotfly:

Clone button added (colors), color menu added to grid

Configuring BIP DCS-BIOS & Landing LED hooks window functionality added.

Now possible to clone entries and using right mouse click change colors.

This is a prerelease. Please report back that it works as intended.

:pilotfly:

Well that was quick!! :)

And works well and as intended!!

Big thank you for this and your quick responses! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ron

Callsign   SETUP