Force IPD options affects game menu in a strange way

some1

After checking this option, game menus start to render in a different location for left and right eye, happens even if the forced IPD value is the same as the value set in hardware.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I get this issue as well...

I'm using a Vive and apparently it works correctly with an Oculus.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I can confirm it works very well in the Rift.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I can confirm it works very well in the Rift.

what did you set yours at, if i can ask?

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

what did you set yours at, if i can ask?

Currently at 90. Higher than that and things get small so you feel like a giant in a Shriners car. I had it at 80 but got better clarity at 90. I haven't tried yet but I'm sure the best setting is somewhere in the middle.

Note that I do have a far sighted prescription so your mileage may vary.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I think there are 2 things here..

1) For me IPD makes the depth perception look better in Rift. Awesome. :thumbup:

2) The in game menu and other dialog screens wonder around with head movement with IPD enabled.

WRT 2, This is especially so for the text chat displayed when on a server and makes it slightly more challenging to read the chat text when flying low around trees and buildings etc. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yes, my post is about issue #2, IPD setting itself works as expected in the 3D world.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

For those that don't understand what IPD is:

Pupillary distance (PD) or interpupillary distance (IPD) is the distance measured in millimeters between the centers of the pupils of the eyes. You should be able to put the distance for your eyes and get good results. Your Eye Care Professional should be able to give you accurate information...See an Eye Doctor and tell him to measure your IPD for DCS World! My PD is 67...

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

It's pretty annoying for me too. I have a Rift and even though I don't get the left / right eye issue, the menu is displayed extremely close to my face with "force ipd" enabled and at the proper setting (I have a correct measurement of my IPD). It just adds unnecessary eye strain when browsing menus so I decided to keep it off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's pretty annoying for me too. I have a Rift and even though I don't get the left / right eye issue, the menu is displayed extremely close to my face with "force ipd" enabled and at the proper setting (I have a correct measurement of my IPD). It just adds unnecessary eye strain when browsing menus so I decided to keep it off.

Same for me. I can live with the stock setting (IPD off) but would like to check it with the proper IPD. But as Axelerator mentiones, the menu behavior is quite straining, so it's no option for me currently.

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

I would assume you set the IPD to what you have set physically on your Rift.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Yes it sets to Rift setting. I personally have that setting off. Cannot see any reason for it as Rift is better without it.

My IPD setting in Rift is 64mm, so the poster with 90mm must look like Stuey from family guy, or more likely, misunderstood what the IPD setting is for.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Once again because of the confusing and erroneous naming by

ED users are not understanding what IPD is and that there are two types. As stated earlier IPD is Inter Pupillary Distance and is the physical measurement between the pupils of the users eyes when looking directly forward. This number is what gets set in the RIFT or VIVE when setting the IPD for the headset lens spacing. This is completely unrelated to the setting in the DCS settings menu called IPD which is actually nothing of the sort and should be called World Scale or Virtual eye camera spacing. That setting is to determine the distance between the virtual eye positions in the VR world and affects how the scale of objects appear in the "WORLD" of DCS. Smaller numbers make all the objects and cockpits seem larger and larger numbers make everything seem smaller. DO NOT SET THIS NUMBER TO YOUR PHYSICAL IPD AS MEASURED ON YOUR FACE!! They are two COMPLETLY different thing and ED really needs to rename that setting to avoid this kind of confusion in future.

Edited by TonyZ

Well it appears that I was mistaken about the function of this :( Sorry for the error.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

ED users are not understanding what IPD is and that there are two types. As stated earlier IPD is Inter Pupillary Distance and is the physical measurement between the pupils of the users eyes when looking directly forward. This number is what gets set in the RIFT or VIVE when setting the IPD for the headset lens spacing. This is completely unrelated to the setting in the DCS settings menu called IPD which is actually nothing of the sort and should be called World Scale or Virtual eye camera spacing. That setting is to determine the distance between the virtual eye positions in the VR world and affects how the scale of objects appear in the "WORLD" of DCS. Smaller numbers make all the objects and cockpits seem larger and larger numbers make everything seem smaller. DO NOT SET THIS NUMBER TO YOUR PHYSICAL IPD AS MEASURED ON YOUR FACE!! They are two COMPLETLY different thing and ED really needs to rename that setting to avoid this kind of confusion in future.

Yes it changes world scale based on viewpoint separation. My viewpoint separation (IPD) is 71. I set my Odyssey to 71. Then I used a clear ruler to measure the ADI. I kept lifting the headset to match the ruler distance from my VR viewpoint, closing one eye and then the other to make sure I got an accurate measurement. what I found was that by matching the in game IPD to the headset’s physical adjustment that the gauges were all the correct sizes.

Try it. even if it the matching numbers is just a fluke for my IPD you can still make the cockpit real life size. Then you can set your i game eye point as needed depending on you HMDs resolution.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Was too put off by weird menu parallax for a while, but the latest updates seem to fix it. By trying a few values stopped at 56 - the cockpits and pilots' limbs look up to scale now.

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Thought this for a longer time, but wasn't able to summarize it in this way.

Thanks for the clarification, I think this will help a few guys.

Funny experimenting with lower numbers. With 30 I think I am sitting in the roof of a house, really funny!!

I think your request is worth sending it to ED. IMHO they should change the wording!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1