[A-10C] CDU / Upfront Button Mod?

idenwen

Anyone knows if there is a mod that changes the font color of the buttons from "grey button with white letters" to "bright button with black letters"?

Or, then I'll do it myself, a tutorial on how to change dds texture files in Photoshop CS3?

I found some DDS-plugins from Nvidia but they don't show up in Photoshop.

Use ricardo's cockpit ;)

How would that accomplish the OP's goal?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Silly question....

Why?

Cause I can hardly read the Numbers on the CDU, let alone the small text on the other buttons.

See the PS mockup for a hint what I mean. It's bad cause one can still not read the text on the upper button row but I think it makes clear what I want to accomplish.

Use ricardo's cockpit

I have the mod here on the disk, I like his BS pit but I don't really like the A-10 pit cause it's too worn and has dirty screens. Quality is amazing - but I don't like the stain.

Nontheless it has the same problem - can't read buttons when looking down.

But I don't need a mod - if there is a hint how to make these buttons readable with some graphics setting I'm done :D (AA was turned off for the screenshot, had radeonpro not running)

black-letters.jpg.bb7d7038a9ac6c4310b2c00f971c9e25.jpg

You can mod them to your liking in the same way people edit the skins.

Here is a good step by step video on how to edit skins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

howie87 I have thought about that alot. I have been looking for a small keyboard like the cdu but have not found one yet. So I just using Helios but

there is nothing like pressing a real button.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

You can mod them to your liking in the same way people edit the skins.

Here is a good step by step video on how to edit skins.

This are tuts for the external skin. It works a bit different since the cockpit textures are in another file format and that is my main problem. Still thanks for the links since he quite nice describes the work for the outer ones - maybe I'll start a skin also :D

But still in need of a good tut for cockpit and dds-file modding.

Just map the entire CDU to your keyboard and the UFC to your numpad while you're at it. Never looked back.

Thought about that also but I would love to have it in the 3D pit also/first.

Anyone knows if there is a mod that changes the font color of the buttons from "grey button with white letters" to "bright button with black letters"?

Or, then I'll do it myself, a tutorial on how to change dds texture files in Photoshop CS3?

I found some DDS-plugins from Nvidia but they don't show up in Photoshop.

you should mod the grey buttons a little more darker then the white letters will be more visible

sign-pic4.jpg

The "GIANTS editor v5.0.1" can edit .dds files. Its used for making Mods in

The Farming Simulator 2013. Not sure if it will do DCS, but worth a try.

Pretty sure you can dlnd it for free. Just google it. Also their are some youtube vids on how to use it.

Also note that the letters on cdu are white so that in the real pit the green

lights can glow through it when you turn on the cockpit lights.

• 2 weeks later...