TEW Operation Hammerfall sooo difficult arghhh

GazAce

Anyone have any tips on how to get through this mission? This is so frustrating, targets are hard to keep locked cause of the terrain and now after a bagillion attempts the enemy is wiping out Echo 1 before I can do anything about it and my wingmen just flys around and won't engage any ground targets when I ask. Now I'm thinking this Campaign is probably for the more experienced pilots. This is killin me, although I would be ok if the TGP would stop constantly locking on the terrain when I make a turn, would def make life easier sad.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hey! It is difficult, perhaps the most difficult one in the entire campaign.

Take a look at this thread, many useful pointers there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=156240

Hope this helps & good luck!

One pointer from me - use markpoint to mark the exact location of the pesky SAM and then drop a JDAM on it from above the clouds :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks BD! You da man! hey us Pols gotta stick together huh hehe (well I'm half anyway, the good half of course! ha) and there's a heap of helpful tips in there but yes JDAM after mark, beauty! Thanks again and also thanks for bothering, cause I know your flat out with other stuff so that's very cool. And I can't wait to see what the next mission is, that's one of the things that keeps me comin back and staying up till near dawn sometimes haha. Kinda like a really good series.. Breaking Bad or Soppranos etc can't wait for the next episode. Congrats again man on a very well thought out and at times difficult but still very enjoyable campaign. Regards Gary :o)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Ahh your welcome, I'm very much enjoying it, I just need more experience that's all but learning a little every day is rewarding and having a great support base here is fantastically cool. I just wish I could retire now! haha. And that's exactly right! My beautiful Mum was born in Warsaw, sadly 31 years gone now, way too young but still strong in my heart and ever watching. Thanks again for your help, cheers G :o)

Is this the one with the bunker below the thick clouds in the mountain pocket?

If so, try this :

Skip to 44:20. It'll show you how to drop a JDAM on coordinates without ever seeing your target, assuming you have enough MGRS digits.

It really showcases how capable the C model A-10 can be.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Thanks Zilch I'll check that out.