Simming the stealth fleet; a matter of time?

proletariat23

Can you direct me to where the info on what the Aim120 and R77 are actually capable of I would be very interested.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Can you direct me to where the info on what the Aim120 and R77 are actually capable of I would be very interested.

Just do a forum search, there are a huge number of threads on the forums describing the guidance and DLZ issues with ALL the missiles in the game. Some forum members went even so far as to do some private flow simulation test modeling for some of the missiles.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I am aware that all the missiles are somewhat compromised some a lot more than others. I misunderstood I thought you were saying there was a verifiable source of Active missile capabilities as in a military capability document.

Edited by WindyTX

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I think the only declassified info out there is on the capabilities of the AIM54 Phoenix. The others are too new. But some info can be found with a simple google search. You will be able to find stuff like, burn times, ranges at different DLZs, dimensions, mass etc. You can always PM GGTharos if you like and he might help you out.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

An F-117 is well within the realms of possibility. It only carried LGB's, the technology of which is already well modeled within DCS. The internal systems i.e. cockpit displays and gauges can easily be found online and how they work. I imagine finding information on it's flight characteristics wouldn't be difficult either but I haven't looked truth be told.

The only really classified bit would be it's stealth ability, what it's body / paint were made of. But this isn't information necessary to the creation of a DCS module.

As for aircraft like the F-22 and JSF (F-35) all I can say is keep dreaming! More so for the F-35 than the F-22. Maybe we'll see an F-22 modeled in DCS if DCS lasts that long but an F-35? Almost definitely not. Getting data for the F-35 would be the equivalent of drawing blood from a stone.

Also for anyone who's interested, 3D view of F-117A cockpit - http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/073/F-117A%20Cockpit.html

I worked 21 years on the space shuttle. A lot of our stuff came from the B1, including computer controls and the fly by wire that the GPC's used. Plus the flight profiles of it, the B1, and the Corsair 3's used for training are all publicly available. Even the stealth coating and counter measure ability of the f-117 has been released through piece meal in various books and flight documentaries. I still think the F-117 would be the greatest plane to play/fly in a combined arms 2.5+ area, with player controlled radar and Sam's that need to be knocked out first, so you can open a path for the big guns.

6D80k38.jpg

Thanks for clearing ut up yea the 54 on the F14 should be a lot of fun as they are putting a lot of time and effort into the missile from what I have read so it may well be the most accurately modelled one in DCS. On the Active information I just was interested if it had become declassified and I hadnt noticed.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

this was UNCON in NA as of now, I don't care what dassault wants to cry about.

watch turn 1.5. Look at the rafale HUD, the timing on turns and where to put the nose is dictated by an ACMI catalog built out of boyd and riccioni and speyers work with EM in WVR fights. thats not a gun cross, it's a rear aspect shot creator.

The rest of this video is not available, what you miss is the rafale climb through the clouds using its EWS suite and get within knife range of the 22, which was picking off targets BVR. This guy went NOE, used the IRST, used his pilot skills and the clouds, OODA'd all day, and killed this guy.

the french were dis invited from red flag, btw, shortly after this went public.

it might be worth noting, that the grippen, the EF, and the Rafale, with their delta sweeps and forward canards, each about 60% the size of a flanker or f-15, are considered the real successors of the USA's LWF program, because once these men who were told "no" were civilians they lectured and theorized with the best, for many years. Everything the AF ignored, the Europeans and the arabs did. teh f-16 is about 9 feet longer than it was ever meant to be, about 2000 lbs heavier and carries 4 less AA missiles than the Yf-16 that john boyd designed for air superiority over migs. NO, NO, none whatsoever aircraft has a combat catalog in WVR fights like the typhoon the grippen and the rafale, at least that are disclosed, and it is worth mentioning further that the EM theory work that boyd did was classified by the department of energy arbitraily because it contains the word "energy", so guess who doesn't get to benefit, US pilots.

As of now, there is no known aircraft in the US fleet with a WVR combat computer, something considered standard avionics on 4+ gen fighters, although not very publicized and considered "need to know" by rafale especially. Rafale doesn't like that this video exists, which should make you want to watch it more.

we are headed for a rude awakening

Edited by proletariat23
  • Like 1

well I have to disagree, not to flaunt my bona fides, but the f-22 is currently being replaced, the DOD is blathering their mouths left and right, concurrently about the shitty processors and the lack of a production line for 22's. A dassault used an IRST sensor to cloud bait a 22 at red flag and kill him with a MICA IR. The 22 doesn't have an ACMI catalog computer, like the grippen, the rafale, and the typhoon, it uses an obsolete processor family, and in the event of catastrophic losses, it cannot be replaced.

the f-22 came off a strip of skunk paper in 1971, and basically got the Boyd treatment thanks to the LFW and the fighter mafia through it's second stage of development, great, it became less shitty than the swept wing abortion it was meant to be, but still gets stalked and murdered by dis-invited french jets.

The DOD has spent billions pumping optic and anti MW tech in the past 5 years, they have leaked a vast amount of both concept and logistical support into the halls of academia to speed up the process. Directed energy weapons, and certain LO techniques I will not divulge here are in the hands of export states, first party developer nations are working on airframes, sub orbital, cheshire, you name it.

you're talking about the hegemony of a generation that has already been defeated in the black world, and exists in the uneducated public concept of what "stealth" means now.

And I tell you confidently, gumption and XBOX level technology from the 2003's can observe your 22 and your 35 and your 117a...don't believe me, call the Serbians.

good luck out there.

And yet the F-22 is still superior to the European planes in A2A. It isn't invincible, but it is a force multiplier. And the advantages degrade in forced WVR combat with unrealistic kill probabilities. Of course the F-22 isn't invincible, but a Rafale shooting down a F-22 in a highly unrealistic scenario that does not represent real world combat isn't exactly noteworthy.

The F-22 isn't going anywhere either. It will receive upgrades like all planes do. The fact that the Europeans are just catching up to Super Hornet level technology about two decades later is telling.

(video)this was UNCON in NA as of now, I don't care what dassault wants to cry about.

Higher res here btw:

watch turn 1.5. Look at the rafale HUD, the timing on turns and where to put the nose is dictated by an ACMI catalog built out of boyd and riccioni and speyers work with EM in WVR fights. thats not a gun cross, it's a rear aspect shot creator.

Off to the right side? That's just an indication of where the sensor is looking relative to the bore line.

The rest of this video is not available, what you miss is the rafale climb through the clouds using its EWS suite and get within knife range of the 22, which was picking off targets BVR. This guy went NOE, used the IRST, used his pilot skills and the clouds, OODA'd all day, and killed this guy.

No, what you miss is a standard butterfly HA BFM setup. No BVR stuff.

Example:

the french were dis invited from red flag, btw, shortly after this went public.

Sources?

it might be worth noting, that the grippen, the EF, and the Rafale, with their delta sweeps and forward canards, each about 60% the size of a flanker or f-15, are considered the real successors of the USA's LWF program, because once these men who were told "no" were civilians they lectured and theorized with the best, for many years. Everything the AF ignored, the Europeans and the arabs did. teh f-16 is about 9 feet longer than it was ever meant to be, about 2000 lbs heavier and carries 4 less AA missiles than the Yf-16 that john boyd designed for air superiority over migs. NO, NO, none whatsoever aircraft has a combat catalog in WVR fights like the typhoon the grippen and the rafale, at least that are disclosed, and it is worth mentioning further that the EM theory work that boyd did was classified by the department of energy arbitraily because it contains the word "energy", so guess who doesn't get to benefit, US pilots.

More goes into air to air combat than straight up WVR. You can win WVR by winning BVR. And I don't mean killing from BVR. Anyway, ever here what pilots have to say of the F-16C B.30/50 and the F-22A? Amazing BFMers. But do pilots just go BFM each other all day? No.

Awareness and coordination are more important than anything else. Ever listen to pilots talk about F-35s? F-15s? The things that they value aren't exactly "xddd I'm a rate fighter!"

From what I've heard the F-16's inboard pylons are A/A capable but it isn't used or theorized about. Source is an F-16 pilot on the f-16.net forum. IIRC, he knew somebody that tried to get a "71-1" configuration certified or he was involved himself. IDK.

Boyd/EM/classification - Ya got any of that there sauce? I wanna try some... :)

As of now, there is no known aircraft in the US fleet with a WVR combat computer, something considered standard avionics on 4+ gen fighters, although not very publicized and considered "need to know" by rafale especially. Rafale doesn't like that this video exists, which should make you want to watch it more.

A what? Like, a human brain? Or do you mean "Eddie" from Stealth?

:megalol:

but a Rafale shooting down a F-22 in a highly unrealistic scenario that does not represent real world combat isn't exactly noteworthy.

And there wasn't even a kill in this fight...If the Raptor met the criteria he would've been called dead.

Edited by Sweep
:)

Lord of Salt

Maybe you shouldn't be flaunting your bona fides so much.

Since you have them, don't you know that F-22's are getting those computer cards rebuilt with quite current technology?

Not to flaunt my bona-fides, I mean I'm just in the armchair but I happen to know that this is happening ... they're being built near where I live.

I also don't hear the USAF whining about Raptors and 300's. I can see them forcing that 300 to trade 32 shots at 32 incoming SDBs ... that's ONE simple solution, of course nothing in war is fact simple. But hey, we just had 50+ tomahawks fly past a SAM screen anyway.

Why are you mis-representing a BFM setup as something that started as a BVR fight? Why, at the same time, aren't you telling people that the F-22 won most of those setups?

The story you're saying doesn't mesh with what operators are saying. So what/whose 'different story' are you telling? I imagine a lot of us are quite curious and would like to know, since this could easily broaden our understanding.

smell the roses while they last home team. You can nonchalant from the armchair but the money and the minds tell a different story. Don't go flying your LO near the 300 there Mr. Johnson.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

yup the processors might be old today, but avionics on board can always be upgraded ( and they will be)

Just as in past generation of fighters.

Either way the F22 is still the only type in its class in the world ( dedicated AS Stealth Fighter) in Service going on 12 years now.

. F22 will still be around for years to come i wouldnt expect a proper F22A module for some time. F117A on the other hand would be unrealisitic to expect as its long retired, and many aspects are declassified. You simulate stealth to some degree given its a much earlier technology, and as someone pointed out many bits and pieces of information regarding its stealth aspects are out there.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Well since you know so much, could you tell me what we are developing with the $59 billion in black projects each year?

Look at the secrecy of the nighthawk project.

I think if a large scale war ever broke out, there would be rude awakenings on both sides...

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Make it a vid war and they already are.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I have been trying to tell myself from several hours to stay out of this conversation, but I can't resist...Moderators... I understand this is my bad...

proletariat23, Is this you?

Hr6rp0HYgQ8

Also, while I have you here, how does the Flat Earth thing work again?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I have been trying to tell myself from several hours to stay out of this conversation, but I can't resist...Moderators... I understand this is my bad...

proletariat23, Is this you?

Hr6rp0HYgQ8

Also, while I have you here, how does the Flat Earth thing work again?

Myth busting.

Tin foil hats do the exact opposite of protecting you from mind control or psychotropic radiation :D

in fact they would ampify such potential effects.

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=239540

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Philistines with very little actual, to offer. Proculi este profani, as we say. While you worship your scraps, I'll be over here, writing doctrine and hardware for the things you won't believe in till you're ordered to.

the raptor will be wholesale replaced, with more than likely, another grounding for large scale skin and CPU reworks. Systems need vehicles, not the other way around. You all seem quick to live in the library of your mind and worship with the egotists and the status quo of what you know, happily accepting you factually know very little by design.

philistines. Your hubris is both proof of our merits and cautionary tales of what blind dogmatic willingness to believe will get you in a conflict. DEAD.

Philistines with very little actual, to offer. Proculi este profani, as we say. While you worship your scraps, I'll be over here, writing doctrine and hardware for the things you won't believe in till you're ordered to.

the raptor will be wholesale replaced, with more than likely, another grounding for large scale skin and CPU reworks. Systems need vehicles, not the other way around. You all seem quick to live in the library of your mind and worship with the egotists and the status quo of what you know, happily accepting you factually know very little by design.

philistines. Your hubris is both proof of our merits and cautionary tales of what blind dogmatic willingness to believe will get you in a conflict. DEAD.

all technology is wholesale replaced sooner or later.

ooo such Predictions, anyone looking at history can tell that its no surprise.

pronounce_doge4.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

contrary to your speil Raptor is here to Stay for some time. It will be updated and remain in service at least to the 2040s. The only issue really is that there were so few of them produced. But until 6th Generation here ( at least past development, going into early production) beyond mere paper concepts, there is no exact F22 "replacement" yet.

That "junk" has been in service since 05, and still other nations do not hav thier own Stealth designs in service. Even then while the likes of the Russn Pak FA or Chinese T50 it may be newer tech than the F22, from what is estimated its unlikely it will be as advanced as the F35. other than than the Japanese, i don think any other western nations is developing thier own homegrown Designs for 5th gen. In essence any Nato allies that are looking to buy 5th gen ( and the JSF has many invested parters) are ending up buying American designed F35s'.

And one day F35 will seem like Junk and eventually be replaced by 6th gen, but end of the Day F35 is a cheaper alternative to the F22. a smaller multi role Strike Fighter, not a dedicated AS so its not anymore of a "replacement" for the F22 than what the F16 would be for the F15.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

He's saying he knows things we don't, and we're all dumb. :)

TL;DR version.