DELETED

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ball calls usually means that pilot owes the others a round a beer :thumbup:

I like the wish list you guys started chatting about.

If I am able to add a few, here is my input:

CARRIER:

• Wire animation and failures simulated
  • Burble effect simulated behind the ship based on winds and direction (make approaches more challenging)
  • Controllable IFLOLS to include manual wave off lights (for zip lip ops and LSO MP session)
  • Crisp IFLOLS for VR users, set at correct angle 3.5 degrees
  • Pitching deck with correct IFLOLS response
  • Accurate night lighting (low lighting) to include sequenced center line lights (rabbit) for night traps
  • Structural damage simulated to aircraft from a hard landing (gear, hook failures) or ramp strike (LSO AI jump into crash net below platform, ok not necessary)
  • Barricade simulated for emergency landings
  • active deck crew (correct shirt colors and jobs)
  • active AI jets moving about the deck and in the air simulating the launch and recovery cycle
  • LSO platform for VR view (as mentioned in video) with a working PLAT display visible while on platform station
  • a virtual LSO that grades your approach and gives informative/directive/imperative NATOPS correct calls based on performance during the approach (single player ops)
  • Tanker track around carrier for some organic refueling

HORNET:

• Just a DCS A-10C level of detail bird
  • ACLS tied to the carrier for some CV 1 approaches in the soup and at night (maybe to include errors for needles check).
  • Simulated hand gestures for zip lip ops for wingman to see and respond too (e.g. formation and kiss off gestures)

OK, that is it for now.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Hey that's a great list.

At the end of the day I'd be happy with a meatball as good as the one we have by Anubis on the CVN77. It's really changed everything for us.

The PLAT cam is inop this weekend but as we recorded a CQ and a normal recoveryl ast week here is the squad plat tape:

J9WxU793QIs[/YouTube]

Hi JAR,

I downloaded the CVN-77 Mod from the Stingers website, but didn't see any documentation on how to get to the views shown in the video (e.g. LSO, Vultures Row, etc). Any help on how to access these predefined view points that are tied to the carrier?

Thanks for the help brother!

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Thanks JAR. I edited the .lua file and was able to get the LSO platform view after hitting Left Alt + F9. How does one call up the other views while in DCS (assigned keys/buttons)?

I mocked up an LSO platform image of what hopefully may be in DCS VR one day :thumbup:

880837765_LSOview.thumb.jpg.0cbbaf9f5c9d7b2e0e69b6a0104a3800.jpg

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

That is an awesome photo Goonie thanks for making it! :D

This weeks landings.

STING 303 has had a few weeks off and had developed a LINED UP LEFT trend, practice traps are included to highlight. You get to hear grumpy LSO Jar when he sees his calls not acknowledged.

For those unfamiliar with the LSO shorthand please refer to the front page of our website (under the greenie board).

biZ3IWbJL8o

Nice! I like the new video. Definitely learned something.

Do you guys make simple calls to get in formation, or have you figured out a way to have the Virtual Pilot in the cockpit give "zip lip" hand gestures? Maybe one day with VR gloves it would be possible :)

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Whoever is lead tends to pre-brief the launch rendezvous then inbound formation. What you see in the video is our basic SOP that has been in place for about a month.

During the mission lead will simply utter directions like "Sting flight, cross turn" and everybody crosses their fingers and hopes to end up in the right spot! :)