sound mods

Lenux

I really wish i could replace all the sounds ( cockpit )

Is that possible to ' import ' some sounds from a different game ?

There are some nice ones, on War Thunder. I know, it sounds funny, but i would like to have them.

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Have a look in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds (or eqivalent). Presumably you should be able to overwrite whatever effect you find there with a file of your choice.

I really wish i could replace all the sounds ( cockpit )

Is that possible to ' import ' some sounds from a different game ?

There are some nice ones, on War Thunder. I know, it sounds funny, but i would like to have them.

Thank you

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Sounds / effects / aircrafts is the right location for the guns ??

I mean all the guns, missiles, etc.

For example, i want to change it ( for now ) only for F15C, all the guns sounds.

I leave as it is, the background sounds, etc.

Thanks a million, Baker

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I replaced the files M61_end / M61_cycle with some other WAV sound files, for F15C, but nothing happent

What am I doing wrong ?

Please help me

Thank you

LE : here are the 2 files

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11116873/M61_cycle.wav.html

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11116875/M61_end.wav.html

Edited by Lenux

Could anyone help me, please?

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to change / modify the cannon sound of F 15-C but i dont know how to explain, it sounds a bit to low.

I wish i could hear the cannon gun sound from inside the cockpit, like im outside.

Here an example :

[ame]

[/ame]

between 0.46 and 0.50

It should sound louder from the cockpit...

If you want to increase the volume of a particular sound or other parameter you need to go to your C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\sdef.

Open the file you want to change. For louder individual sound for example you need to increase 'gain = 1.0' to say '1.5', keep trying different values till you get what you like.

in your C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Effects

There are .wav files and .ogg files that are the individual sound files. I can't remember which one but I think .wav gets priority over the .ogg if there are 2 sound files with the same name.

I use JSGME.exe for installing and uninstalling all my mods.

Edited by fitness88

Thank you so much, i will give it a try now.

I never used before JSGME, but i try this, as well.

LE : now it sounds much better / louder.

Many many thanks, fitness88

I wish i could do the same for the option, when i press F2 ( outside view of the aircraft )

Its very loud when i switch from F1 to F2

Now i want to replace some missiles sounds, and then a backup, just in case

Marry Christmas, to everyone.

LE : now it sounds much better / louder.

Many many thanks, fitness88

I wish i could do the same for the option, when i press F2 ( outside view of the aircraft )

Its very loud when i switch from F1 to F2

Now i want to replace some missiles sounds, and then a backup, just in case

Marry Christmas, to everyone.

for F2 sound reduction try going into game options>Audio and reducing the 'World' slider.

• 1 year later...
If you want to increase the volume of a particular sound or other parameter you need to go to your C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\sdef.

Open the file you want to change. For louder individual sound for example you need to increase 'gain = 1.0' to say '1.5', keep trying different values till you get what you like.

in your C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Effects

There are .wav files and .ogg files that are the individual sound files. I can't remember which one but I think .wav gets priority over the .ogg if there are 2 sound files with the same name.

I use JSGME.exe for installing and uninstalling all my mods.

That's not working, anymore, with DCS 1.5.6 ?

Anyone could help me, please ?

Is there a way ( JSGME ) to increase the volume ?

From the cockpit, the weapons sound too low

Thank you

Ive done quite a bit of work with the F15 sound files recently and as far as I can see there is no

SDEFLN file for the vulcan cannon so what you hear in the cockpit is just the pass through from the exterior sounds as far as I can tell at this time

Cheeers

Jafa

Edited by jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

I will keep trying, it must be a way to fix it

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Can't find a way how to fix it

Is there maybe some JSGME sound mod ?