Moving to new PC

captherm

1) deactivate all your modules, campaigns and terrains on your old PC, dont forget that some of the latter two categories may be on dcs 1.5 and others on 2.0

2) copy from the old pc to the new, both the dcs program folder, as well as your saved gsmes dcs folder.

3) run a 'dcs_updater repair' on the new pc

4) activate the modules again

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for that info but I don't need any of my old files as I want to start with a clean slate on the new system. Can I not download the latest DCS version and then reactivate my terrains and mods?

Sure you can do that too ... but since the DLCs (aircraft, campaigns and terrains) have a limited amount of activations (specially the Campaigns, which only have 3 activations), you should as a minimum deactivate your DLCs on your old system first (assuming that you still have it).

Then, if you copy your old DCS program folder you can save quite a bit of download time since the "DCS_Updater Repair" will download only the files that your old PC didnt have right ... the end result should be the same as a new install, but with a much lower download time.

Your Saved Games folder should be backed up, since there you have skins, missions, your pilot logbook, campaign status, keyboard bindings, etc ... that may be useful on your new install ... at least on my case I would think twice before sacrificing all of that :)

Regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Personally if I have the time and download allowance, I go for a clean slate, including redoing all the setup and controls. You should deactivate first on the old pc if you can.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Dumb question, I take it Steam has unlimited downloads?

Downloads, yes (as does ED), but Steam uses EDs DRM so the activation limitations are still there.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: