Normandy Map Discussion - Page 207 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 02:38 AM   #2061
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 87
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

While I am sure that church was used for reference, its placement, location and size down to the centimeter surely isnt meant to be spot on... The size is fine. The cars have already been reported for the size being too large.

As with the NTTR map, buildings will not match spot on to what was actually there, but are instead meant to give that overall feel of the area. I would not be surprised to see that church repeated a number of times over the map.

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:55 AM   #2062
Gunny Highway

Reputation power: 1
Gunny Highway is on a distinguished road

Question:

Could the size of the cars be too large because the church is too small? Given the size of the other buildings in that one screenshot, the only thing out of proportion appears to be the church. Given the assumption that said church will be used across the map, seems like it would make sense to increase its size to make it look more natural.

Combat Vet, Couch Pilot

Last edited by Gunny Highway; 03-28-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Gunny Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:15 AM   #2063
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 87
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Highway View Post
Question:

Could the size of the cars be too large because the church is too small? Given the size of the other buildings in that one screenshot, the only thing out of proportion appears to be the church. Given the assumption that said church will be used across the map, seems like it would make sense to increase its size to make it look more natural.
This is meant to be a small church, I am assuming there will be larger churches that look different. If you look at the screenshot with the soldier, the church is actually fine, just small.

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:12 AM   #2064
Wags
ED Team

Reputation power: 212
Wags has disabled reputation

The car is too large and listed to be fixed.

Falcon Northwest Talon: i7 6770K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog stick with TWCS Throttle.

New news on the Hornet project will be released a few weeks after the Normandy map is released.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:22 AM   #2065
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 32
Vitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to allVitormouraa is a name known to all

Honestly I don't mind having a church too small or a car a bit big, but if it's going to be fixed, that's cool.

And let's be honest, everything looks amazing, scenario etc.

Contact me:
Steam
Screenshots
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #2066
kobac

Reputation power: 23
kobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of lightkobac is a glorious beacon of light

Give us a couple of screenshots so we can see the effect of the bombing, please.
kobac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #2067
nrgized

Reputation power: 5
nrgized will become famous soon enoughnrgized will become famous soon enough

Normandy has tons of grass and it looks nice...

How does the grass hold up in VR? The current grass isn't viable in VR with all its artifacts from transparency.

Would be a shame to have to continue with grass off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nrgized is online now   Reply With Quote