Most used control Panel in A-10C?

hannibal

ok, so im getting siked about the upcoming release of this A-10C.

im thinking of building a control panel, but unfortunately, i dont have the space for a whole sim pit, let alone 2 pits, because i want to setup 2 PCs with triplehead, hotas and pedals.

i would like to work on 1 panel, so my question is,

What is the most used control panel in the A-10C cockpit? would it be the UFC (up front control panel), or the CDU (cockpit display unit) panel..

comments?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Just my wild guess, I would say the button rings around the MFCDs would be used the most after the HOTAS. After that, I would guess that the UFC is next.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

First six months or so........Undoubtedly the Ejection Handles :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

First six months or so........Undoubtedly the Ejection Handles :P

D'oh! :doh: I totally forgot about those!:D

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I'd go for the UFC over the CDU. And grab yourself a pair of Cougar MFDs. It'll be a simpler panel to make, and you can just re assign your keyboard commands for the CDU keys.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Cougar MFD's + a couple monitors, and a cockpit template with some switches. Use the monitors to display gauges, etc. Or even the entire front panel (make it touch screen and map the control hotspots). That would cover most everything. And of course, pick up the new Warthog HOTAS!

I may upgrade my current setup and go that route for A10C. I've been enjoying racing/flight flexibility in a quick swap.. but the A10 is my baby and now I'm thinking a dedicated A10 pit might be kinda nice.

It's tough to decide between a "glass panel" representation or physical switches and gauges, or a combo like Oakes did with his setup in Black Shark. Cool to be able to make the choice though. :-)

I may upgrade my current setup and go that route for A10C. I've been enjoying racing/flight flexibility in a quick swap.. but the A10 is my baby and now I'm thinking a dedicated A10 pit might be kinda nice.

It's tough to decide between a "glass panel" representation or physical switches and gauges, or a combo like Oakes did with his setup in Black Shark. Cool to be able to make the choice though. :-)

I love my full BS sim pit. It is very worth it to build a full pit with everything in its proper place. Makes locating switchs and gauges easy as the are in the same place as in the SIM/RP. I have not desides if I am going to go with the A10C flight stick yeat. I may wait till I here what is after A10C to build my next pit. I realy want the AH-64A/D<--(I know don't say it :D) You dont have to go as far as Oakes has with his set up. any SIM pit with switch in their proper place cheap or exact will still be fun to use. I went the cheap rought and love it.

To anser the main question I wont know till I get the SIM. But I would hazard a guss that it will be the MFD's, Fire extqushers and ejection levers.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 6 years later...

Wow - blast from the past! For me it is the LASTE panel, still, and the most used switches are the Autopilot button and 3-way.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.