Miguel did it!! Youre amazing man!

did you manage to play a mission

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Yes!

I flew the first one because I got greedy, I intended to quit and tell you it seemed to worj but got greedy and flew the sortie. And when I quit in midair near the carrier it all ended well- debrief next mission all of it. Amazing!

Banddar Abbas. Got a f4 with a sparrow. Wingmate got another. Iranian g14s attacked us. I got a gun kill at wave top height. The SEAD F18s screwed up and didnt hit their target but got a couple kills.

I was flying home and had about 100 nm left but felt bad I hadnt told you so I quit and the debrief everything was great!

I cant wait to dig deeper into this and hopefully also figure out how to get some other aircraft and campaigns working. But this all worked great - the cat. Radio frequencies, the feeling of a war going on around me.

Edited by Sublimearrepentido

Installation procedures "in general" for DCE campaigns

Installation procedures "in general" for DCE campaigns

First of all: read the installation readme, and follow the step by step, they are made for that and save us a lot of trouble later.

Then, you should know that there are at least 3 different types of installation of DCE campaigns

1/ the premiere of Mbot: "Guardians of the Caucasus"

I don't talk about it, she's separate.

2/ Before December 2019:

They are installed in the "main folder" of DCS World" or "DCS World openBeta "

PBO_Cef campaigns (before December 2019) are . "obsolete", .they can work ... maybe ... but no follow up will be done because an upgrade to the new DCE system will be made available little by little.

3/ After December 2019

They are installed in the "saved games" part of DCS World" or "DCS World openBeta" **

• -a)- For Mbot campaigns, the "engine" folder is called "Scripts".

• -a)- For PBO_Cef campaigns, the "engine" folder is called "ScriptsMod".

But, I say it again: to avoid trouble, the best is to read AND follow the installation readme, step by step.

** until the OpenBeta has less bugs and we find a solution with DCE: we strongly advise you not to install DCE on the OpenBeta.

Edited by Miguel21

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

Im so impressed. A brief for mission 2 mentioned sinking some iranian boats will allow closer carrier ops.

Mission 2 f18s hit a silkworm site. F4s scrambled from Bandar Abbas. 2 phoe ixes and 2 more kills for me.

Trapped on a 2 wire :)

Ok so im scared to break this and im not messing with it lol. The huey doesnt seem to work with dce from my reading. I may want to try to f86 campaign however since I believe thats new. The F5 too as I own both. Im asssuming the F14 campaigns dok nt have air to ground.

What campaigns if any have some of that sprinkled in? Prolly stuff I dont own.

Irs still AWESOME thanks so much miguel

So what new campaigns are there and when i install i put them in same area as the campaign thats working just diff folder?

And theres no uh1 campaign right?

Whats out there for newer stuff that will work besides f14? Any good uh1, f5, f86? Any good a2g?

Im sure the tom cat stuff will keep me happy a lonnng time anyways though

So what new campaigns are there and when i install i put them in same area as the campaign thats working just diff folder?

And theres no uh1 campaign right?

Whats out there for newer stuff that will work besides f14? Any good uh1, f5, f86? Any good a2g?

Im sure the tom cat stuff will keep me happy a lonnng time anyways though

Hi

PBO_Cef's new campaigns are here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191858

NEW CAMPAIGNS USING LAST MBOT'S DCE VERSION MODIFIED AND TO USE WITH DCS WORLD RELEASED VERSION : Please read the instructions PDF inside each campaign
Look at the picture

If you have the "WW2 Asset pack", there is the F86 campaign, but... there are plenty of other mods to install, for the other planes in the scenario.

newCamaign.thumb.png.a95181f6e695e8ca2c28be2eb41f84cb.png

DCE_Manager

Ugh. This ww2 asets pack lack is getting so tiresome ill probably just shell the moneynout when I get this check tomorrow for it.

I dont know about paying for more planes as well though. I still cant refuel at all (lop) but I ignore that and consider myself otherwise a competent f14 pilot. And uh1. The other planes not so much.

But I like il2 for ww2 a lot more and I dont like DCS .50 modelling. Still.. the lack of content for my sabre has been a heartache.

Thanks for the list ill check it out now

Indian Pakistan war is a small very difficult campaign. Not sure it will please everybody and if you don’t have ww2 asset pack not sure it’s the occasion to buy it ... may be install ww2 asset pack while it’s free and test the campaign before buying asset

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Looking forward to the new campaign!

If at all possible I would love a ground/airbase campaign (F-16, A-10, AV8B, Mirage?) using the new DCE framework possibly.

Old campaigns should be available soon with the new DCE version. They will be released in the Stable released version because OpenBeta is still buggy. We will give you method to use them in OB but we will not be able to help if there are bugs like error windows because it's a ED issue :( You can still play with it (close the window and the game goes on) but it can be annoying sometimes :doh:

Those campaigns should be first : Hornet, Tomcat, Mirage, Harrier (ground) and Viggen over Persian Gulf

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Old campaigns should be available soon with the new DCE version. They will be released in the Stable released version because OpenBeta is still buggy. We will give you method to use them in OB but we will not be able to help if there are bugs like error windows because it's a ED issue :( You can still play with it (close the window and the game goes on) but it can be annoying sometimes :doh:

Those campaigns should be first : Hornet, Tomcat, Mirage, Harrier (ground) and Viggen over Persian Gulf

The new DCE and its campaigns work fine for me on open beta. But I had to be more aggressive on the pruning because of the way the open beta is.

But these are awesome. The old ones still work on the current stable. And I've flown over 10 missions on the Desert Tiger campaign.

Any chance of creating a WWII Campaign on the normandy map?

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hey guys. Playing the India-Pak F-86 Camp. Loaded the Init folder as you sent but now the campaign doesn't seem to want to save. Maybe I should just reload the whole campaign? Best way to do that? Bummer. Worked great for two missions. Thanks.

Hey guys. Playing the India-Pak F-86 Camp. Loaded the Init folder as you sent but now the campaign doesn't seem to want to save. Maybe I should just reload the whole campaign? Best way to do that? Bummer. Worked great for two missions. Thanks.

Hi Chicki,

If results aren't saving, the most likely thing would be that you've applied a DCS update and you need to edit the MissionScripting.lua again. First thing I'd check at least :)

Hello guys.

Question

Playing around in the mission planner (not editor) i was looking at Bandar Anbas Intl. Its the Task Force Alpha Campaign

Anyways god I hope HB just puts some A6s its so depressing seeing the bug replace my beloved intruder. And the intruder frankly would be a better platform to work with anyways damn bugs are all slow.. (lol can you tell what side Im on?)

But my question - Bandar Abbas ammo dump was hit. Anyways it wasnt destroyed.

But I was clicking around Bandar Abbas and I clicked and noticed the warehouse had and airbase had

1. Unlimited planes

2. Unlimited liquids

3. Unlimited stores

Now Im sure it doesnt frankly matter because the dce campaign tracks what each side can play with anyways - .. right? Or is there a bug or something? Obviously if Bandar Abbas has unlimited amounts of all store types than bombing their ammo dump is fruitless. Of course as I said I think dce independently is tracking all this but Im curious and would like to know.

Also to be a pain a suggestion. The intel / debrief is really good.. itd be hard to expand more for a dynamic campaign. All i could really ask is that on the mission taskings or maybe debrief one enemy squadrons their homefield could be marked, if the campaign designer desires. I mean for people playing that F86 campaign maybe not appropriate, task force alpha Im sure Id know if F14s were based out of Shiraz or Bandar Abbas etc.

Indian-Paki F86

Don't know what's up. I dl'd the campaign again. Reinstalled it. When i quit the mission, I just get the dcs screen(see attach). I can get to the stats window and the dos type mission window by alt-tab. Can generate new mission but then I'm just staring at the dcs screen. No way to quit dcs except Task Manager so mission doesn't save and no progress in campaign. Something about the Init folder causes my game to hang up. Dang. Fun campaign. Wish it would work. Any ideas? Thanks.

DCSWorld.thumb.jpg.9733278d77c9fde4a894750d231b3415.jpg

@Sublim: what campaign exactly?

DCE_Manager

@Sublim: what campaign exactly?

Tf74 and the Tg 68 80s version.

I copied the tech folders (the campaigns) and copied the batch file info from what you entered for Alpha

So the campaign batch files run when I run them, but somehow somethings messed up on the quitting mission end. Its gotta be a messed up file path somewhere. Im almost sure of it

The f86 / mig campaign.. i dont think I have the ability to install it