G force physical simulation

Kk thanks

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Windy, I've got a setup very similar to joey's. It does just what you want: moves the stick as you trim. I.e. Hold forward on the trim switch and you'll feel the stick move forward until it hits the limit of travel or until you let off the switch. Wherever it stops is the new center spot the stick returns to when released.

The only pain is, it's a custom job to put an f16 or f15 type grip on them. The grip also needs to be lightweight or yet more effort must be placed into concocting a solution to counterbalance and increase force from the motors. So, using a warthog or vkb grip would require significantly more work. Old thrust master grips and current ch fighterstick grips work well as is.

Yes, you can trim out the forces. Having said that, some implementations leave a lot to be desired. Ideally, at full pitch up trim, the stick would be near or at full deflection forward, and same for all the other axes. But in some modules it seems like the "trim zone" is so narrow that trimming by feel is not very effective since the stick will only move a small part of the travel when trimming. It really depends on the module. Or maybe this is realistic to those airframes? I'm not a real pilot so I wouldn't know. It would be nice if implementations were more uniform or tweakable. There is a 3rd party utility called simFFB that allows you to trim the full range of each axis, and with that you can definitely trim by pulling/pushing on the stick and trimming until you feel no more forces. Downside being you lose all game-specific effects.

Joey,

You aren't getting full trim through the axis because you're using a curve in your stick's axis settings in DCS. If you set X and Y curves for your stick to 0, force trim will work perfectly. For whatever reason, force feedback trim doesn't scale with curve setting.

Edited by Aries144