DCS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchase / Open Beta Available

Wags

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is not possible to lase a target myself and then go back in my aircraft in order to bomb it? I hoped that your aircraft would fly straight or get AI controlled while you are in a ground vehicle. It would be very disappointing for me, if you cannot play in the flight sim, commander sim and first person shooter during a single mission.

Edited by Tiramisu

Just bought CA. Actually you can start as a pilot, drive a vehicle and then get back to your aircraft again. It justs takes a few seconds until your aircraft model is loaded again, when you switch back. And also small loading bugs seems to occur, but I think I will have some fun with this DLC.

Edit: However, there is a very annoying issue. Even though I can set waypoints for normal AI aircraft, I cannot do it for my own aircraft after AI took control over it. I think the AI of my plane simply tries to land on the nearest airbase. Is that a known bug? Do we have a workaround for this?

Edit2: Ok, now the workaround is simply that you use the player slot for a fake aircraft in the mission editor, which is not supposed to be used, so you can actually deactivate it with a trigger a few seconds after mission start. When the mission starts you simply use the "jump into other aircraft"-button (RALT+J) to fly another selected AI aircraft, if you own it in DCS. That aircraft will be always controllable with waypoints, because it started the mission as a normal AI unit.

Still I hope ED is going to fix this bug, so I do not have to use such an awkward workaround. :(

Edited by Tiramisu

Awkward is Combined Arms' middle name. Either way I don't think you can lase your own bombs, as the laser switches off if you just look at the map for example.

Either way having AI JTAC is probably much much easier.