Program runs fine and I can fly the UH-1 easily but ...

g3air

I would really like to run the Caen Dispatch - Randomized mission (downloadable from DCS World site) and I have the Normandy 1944 map (bought from Steam) installed. However, I am at a loss on how to get that mission running. I would even be happy if I could just fly around on the Normandy map in my UH-1 but I am darned if I can figure out how to do that. I have a very adequate PC and I am using MaxFlightStick's UH-1 H 4.0 control system. I can use my HTC Vive setup but I prefer a large monitor and TrackIR. I have run the Erebus (sp?) rescue mission a few times (without success so far) so I have much to learn about this simulation.

I have about 800 hours in real world military UH-1 time and looking forward to becoming more proficient using DCS World's version.

Thanks in advance for any help in figuring out how to run the Caen Dispatch mission.

Intel i7-7700K / ROG STRIX Z270F / 64GB HYPERX FURY DDR4-2666 / GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti 11G OC / HTC VIVE Pro / MaxFlightStick Uh-1H 4.0 Controls

Unable to find that folder

put the miz file of the mission in your mission folder which should be in your ,saved games/ dcs/missions.

then it should show up in your" my missions tab" in game .

then launch and enjoy its a fun mission

I have searched for that folder with no joy.

Intel i7-7700K / ROG STRIX Z270F / 64GB HYPERX FURY DDR4-2666 / GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti 11G OC / HTC VIVE Pro / MaxFlightStick Uh-1H 4.0 Controls

Found it

put the miz file of the mission in your mission folder which should be in your ,saved games/ dcs/missions.

then it should show up in your" my missions tab" in game .

then launch and enjoy its a fun mission

I have searched for that folder with no joy.

Found it and Thank you, rimmer66:)

• 1 month later...

Hi there g3air,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your impressions of the MFS UH-1 4.0 system?

It looks really nice on their website but the price is a bit of a concern for me.

Thanks,

RBG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

Hi there g3air,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your impressions of the MFS UH-1 4.0 system?

It looks really nice on their website but the price is a bit of a concern for me.

Thanks,

RBG

Sturdy, realistic, highly immersive (especially if you have ever flown the real thing - UH-1H), expensive, but worth it. The controls are more sensitive than the real thing, particularly at a hover, but I suspect that is due to the interface inherent delay or the DCS software or something other than the hardware. As it stands the control hardware is more capable than the software IMHO, particularly if one is using VR equipment. With TrackIR and a big screen, the immersion is very good. Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying......l’d better start saving!

;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)