New VR Pointing Device - Page 143 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #1421
mariner3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Clutter View Post
Thanks for the hints, mariner3302.

I also agree with what mariner3302 said in an earlier post. when you get them, go through the first calibration part and then start using them, just to get the feel of them, determine which button you want for the left and right, and get the feel of the mouse wheel emulation. It will be well worth your time.

Any way, if they don't make you feel instantly like "I can't fly without them", then make sure to take the time to learn how to use them.

my 2 cents worth.
Absolutely well said! I have had mine since the beginning and it is easy to forget that. So it may take a bit but it is SO worth it!
Jetseat KW-908 by Andre, you'll never fly without it again!!
PointCTRL by MilesD, No more mouse - reach and adjust controls!
mariner3302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #1422
AKA_Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDelta View Post
without edge calibration (and my monitor/rift configuration) it was very exhausting to keep the head steady enough while interacting, after doing EC it got so much easier, now i am changing switches, frqs and so on while low level or in the break intuitivly.
i know, its suggested to start without, but u wont get a good experience without doing it . IMO
Hi Foxdelta,

I didn't seem to have that issue and could do thinks like program the countermeasures program in the FA-18.

I did do the edge calibration this morning and it does help to stabilize things. Mine still moves some, so I will probably have to redo. In reading through the pdf my impression was that it was VERY involved and would take a lot of time. AS it turns out it isn't all that complicated and took about 5 minutes. I also suspect my time will improve as I run through the calibration again.

So I guess my new bottom line is, do it which ever way you think will work for you the best. the Edge calibration is not all that involved and doesn't add that much time to the initial calibration. BUT bottom line is get it set up and start playing with it.

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.8 GHz, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift CV1, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.
AKA_Clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #1423
MilesD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Clutter View Post
So I guess my new bottom line is, do it which ever way you think will work for you the best. the Edge calibration is not all that involved and doesn't add that much time to the initial calibration. BUT bottom line is get it set up and start playing with it.
All great points, and I am happy to see everyone sharing. Just a note, edge calibration enables fine tuning if you were not pointing directly at the cursors during normal calibration. It is not a separate algorithm and only allows adjustment to where your finger was pointing during the calibration procedure after the fact. A good initial calibration may not require any edge calibration.

Please don't forget the practice video and procedure that corresponds to the picture at the end of the manual.

https://youtu.be/DNMn7gM2CM0
MilesD is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
vr clickable cockpit, vr controller, vr gloves, vr mouse, vr tracking