[REQUEST] Monitor removal on L and Mistral

Schmidtfire

For consideration. This is only a request and suggestion :)

Would it be possible to remove the co-pilot monitor on L and Mistral variants?

(same as the Minigun version)

First, the L and Mistral should be 341 variants that did not carry a camera/monitor. Second reason is that the visibility will be much improved. The Minigun version has a fantastic view out of the cockpit.

From both realism and gameplay standpoint removal of the monitors on these versions makes sense. Thanks for your updates, hoping to see more updates and the OH-58 soon.

Personally, I don't like this idea.

I'm certainly no expert on model variations, but regardless of which model had what, I like the fact that no matter which model I'm in, at the very least I can scout for targets and relay target coordinates to those who can use them.

"Thanks for your updates, hoping to see more updates and the OH-58 soon." -- Schmidtfire

And I second the above quote.

But then they wouldn't be 342's L or M ??

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'm with a single idea.

It must reflect the real model. This is my simulation philosophy.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

There is no 342L. Devs has said that the ”bonus” model in sim is based on 341L Gazelle.

341 does not have monitor for co-pilot.

Anyways, I can buy the recon argument for L version. But the monitor is totally in the way on A-A Mistral. I have not seen a video or picture when a Air-Air Gazelle has a co-pilot monitor.

In my opinion, before thinking about such things, it would make more sense that Polychop is more likely to rack up its brain with a real damage model. A realistic damage and flight model should come first (Yes I know about the flight model Polychop wants to take care of).

And do not be distracted by such trifles.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

In my opinion, before thinking about such things, it would make more sense that Polychop is more likely to rack up its brain with a real damage model. A realistic damage and flight model should come first (Yes I know about the flight model Polychop wants to take care of).

And do not be distracted by such trifles.

This is across all modules not just one, Explain how the F-14 tanks 120C, Infact most cases it needs 2 to bring it down so before talking about damage model let them work on it :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3935960

"the Gazelle used in the video and flown by the special force of the french army is a 342m without the viviane and all the extra stuff like doors. The one we made and used is supposed to be the 341L, which was never equipped with nvg lighting and retired long time ago, which made it nearly impossible to find documentation on rocket pods or either the gun."

http://cote-helicoptere.over-blog.com/article-aerospatiale-as341-gazelle-canon-70219061.html 341 with 20mm cannon

The "bonus" models is a bit of guesswork and simplified. On the L version you cannot depress cannon or gunsight, IRL there is a panel for that functionality. Mistral version has also a special panel for IR missiles, also not modeled. All versions should have the fold-down periscope w. optical sight - not modeled at all.

Removal of the monitor on L and Mistral versions would be one step closer to the IRL counterparts.

Edited by Schmidtfire

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3935960

"the Gazelle used in the video and flown by the special force of the french army is a 342m without the viviane and all the extra stuff like doors. The one we made and used is supposed to be the 341L, which was never equipped with nvg lighting and retired long time ago, which made it nearly impossible to find documentation on rocket pods or either the gun."

http://cote-helicoptere.over-blog.com/article-aerospatiale-as341-gazelle-canon-70219061.html 341 with 20mm cannon

The "bonus" models is a bit of guesswork and simplified. On the L version you cannot depress cannon or gunsight, IRL there is a panel for that functionality. Mistral version has also a special panel for IR missiles, also not modeled. All versions should have the fold-down periscope w. optical sight - not modeled at all.

Removal of the monitor on L and Mistral versions would be one step closer to the IRL counterparts.

What I meant was 342L exists, not if it was implemented right or not.

Chinook lover - Rober -

I would love to have the monitor removed from the L. The visibility in the minigun version is amazing. Looks like the rivet counters wont have it though /eyeroll. Just kidding, guys.

But obviously, at this point a well done FM is as much as we should be hoping for.

I just hope the FM updates are in no way contingent on them getting a go ahead on the Kiowa, which has been a pretty quiet front since the intro video and interview...