Tacan as a steerpoint on the TAD?

sobe

I just wanted to check, but when you navigation with the Tacan button depressed, does the Tacan location become the steerpoint on the TAD?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yes, only waypoints stored in the CDU are shown on the TAD. This includes all waypoints downloaded from DTS and all waypoints or markpoints created after startup.

If you want to have a waypoint for the TACAN source, you need to create one manually. You can use the TAD cursor for that. You might even find the TACAN source on the underlying map in the TAD or you use the bearing and range displayed by the HSI.

Edited by dcs76

I may be wrong, but I think I figured out how to do it. First I go to the divert page and click for Kobuleti which is way point 63. Next, I switch the dial from flight plan to mission and Kobuleti shows up in the TAD as the steer point number 63. While the Tacan station is not the sp, Kobuleti is so it seems this is close enough. Any thoughts?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I may be wrong, but I think I figured out how to do it. First I go to the divert page and click for Kobuleti which is way point 63. Next, I switch the dial from flight plan to mission and Kobuleti shows up in the TAD as the steer point number 63. While the Tacan station is not the sp, Kobuleti is so it seems this is close enough. Any thoughts?

Kobuleti Airbase is a stored point in the CDU's data base. You can flip the chicken head knob to "Mission" and scroll through every airport on a given map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

You can also add them manually in the mission editor by placing IP:s on all TACANs (and other beacons) and name them appropriately — by code, perhaps. They'll then show up in the CDU and you can search for them by name.

It's a bit of work if you want all of them in there, though, so it's one of those things where you might want to do them all once and then save that as a template mission for future use. And try to remember not to save over it when you want to build something from that template. :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧