[INVESTIGATING]F16 CANOPY TINT

Bobstar

Hi All and the higher powers.

I have previously posted regarding this matter but, I was missing a Track File. Having worked out how to do this, I am now posting again.

1. This flickering is only present on the F16 and since I bought the module. All was good with my set-up and other A/C before this.

2. The tint issue is more relevant in Persian Gulf and NTTR, but, much less relevant in Caucasus, maybe it is an issue with sand?

3. No flickering in and out when canopy open. (crystal clear graphics)

4. In this Track File, the tint issue is more prevalent on landing.

I hope I have supplied enough information this time? If, I've messed up the Track File or, not provided enough info please post and I'll endeavour to accommodate?

Many thanks.

1_Op_Warrior_V2-20191024-123057.trk

Hi guys I too have had this very annoying canopy and hud tint problem in the F-16! I have a simple fix that has worked for me I have tested on 3 maps and have no more problems. If you want to try

Navigate to your main dcs folder/mods/aircraft/F 16c/cockpit/Textures, unzip and look for the file

f16c_glass_canopy_refl_RoughMet, it will be close to the bottom make sure you have the correct file and just remove the file and save somewhere else.

Don’t forget to backup! This will need to be carried out again with future update paches until ED fixes it. Ps I told Bobstar the OP here and it worked for him too.

Cheers for this guys. Although I noticed in the latest patch it mentions a fix for the sun glare on the F-16....is this the official fix or something different?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Hi, if there was a patch for our issue it didn’t work, I’m guessing it was something else? I’ve flown PG, Caucasus and NTTR with the fix above and all is good!

Ok, spot on. I’ll give this fix a try. Thanks mate...

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Hi 30mikemike this was my fix nothing to do with the official patch.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try this weekend and post the result. Sounds positive!

How Do We Know?

Dear All,

Firstly, once I have placed a post regarding a 'bug', how do I know if it is going to be actioned? Do we all live in blissful ignorance hoping that ED pick up on it and think its worthy of a 'fix' or, is there a 'page' I can go to that lists future fixes?

Secondly, do ED ever reply to 'bug posts' via the Forum or private message to inform us that something is being looked at?

Thanks in anticipation

Firstly, once I have placed a post regarding a 'bug', how do I know if it is going to be actioned? Do we all live in blissful ignorance hoping that ED pick up on it and think its worthy of a 'fix' or, is there a 'page' I can go to that lists future fixes?
For now we live in blissful ignorance and hope that ED picks up on it, unless someone from ED does reply to hit, which actually happens fairly often. ED is working on a public bug tracker website of some sort though now.

Secondly, do ED ever reply to 'bug posts' via the Forum or private message to inform us that something is being looked at?

As I mentioned above, this actually happens fairly often. The ED community managers are very actively responding to bug reports and sometimes even someone from the coding team chimes in.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Hi

We try to get to as many as we can, if you use the search function on the forum

search for [REPORTED] and you will find all the reported issues.

if you have something you think has been overlooked let me know and I will check it.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Threads merged.

Sorry for over looking this thread, checking now.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Hi All and the higher powers.

I have previously posted regarding this matter but, I was missing a Track File. Having worked out how to do this, I am now posting again.

1. This flickering is only present on the F16 and since I bought the module. All was good with my set-up and other A/C before this.

2. The tint issue is more relevant in Persian Gulf and NTTR, but, much less relevant in Caucasus, maybe it is an issue with sand?

3. No flickering in and out when canopy open. (crystal clear graphics)

4. In this Track File, the tint issue is more prevalent on landing.

I hope I have supplied enough information this time? If, I've messed up the Track File or, not provided enough info please post and I'll endeavour to accommodate?

Many thanks.

Thanks for the track,

can you attach your dcs.log also which can be found in your saved games dcs logs folder.

It will tell me what settings you are using.

Thanks

edit: sadly the track is not working for me correctly.

if you have another one showing it, or a short video uploaded to youtube I would be grateful

Edited by BIGNEWY