How to explode myself after a set time limit

Wolf8312

Let me run this by you. If I want to blow myself up for not having killed everyone within a certain amount of time, in trigger options conditions I should select 'part of coalition in zone' and in the same column set 'time no more than' 700 hundred seconds (or whatever) and then obvioulsly in actions select the unit I wish to explode (me)? Or is there a better way?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Once, group xxx alive AND time more 700s then explosion 'unit'

Yes but I rejected 'group alive' on account of needing to go through manually and selecting every group. I dont think theres a quick way to select every group at once so I selected 'part of group' in trigger zone. Seems to work.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Just some quick housekeeping:.

If you ever intend your mission to be used in multiplayer, I'd recommend using UNIT INSIDE ZONE instead of PART OF GROUP IN ZONE.

Multiplayer client aircraft will not be detected by any group - level triggers...it's a known bug but it's been around for almost 2 years now so best to just plan around it. ;)

I dont plan to play MP just yet.

Really using the mission editor is a great way to make a flawless VR experience, and take out, or add things, that degrade or enhance the experience.

The mission I am making at the moment is just the Ka-50 insurgent instant action mission, but I have removed all friendly units (especially the bomber) added a few more hostiles, and given myself a time limit (I will explode if everyones not dead!

Its very arcadey but really great fun, although I think I'm going to remove the two riffle men, as I always miss them and end up exploding!

I do plan to get round to MP one day though so thanks for the warning, as ever you're a great help!

------------

Send me your mission and I'll try to make it work, sounds interesting. And I am 97% sure it can work.

"This bus will blow up if the SPEED is <50 MPH!"

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Oh sorry man I didnt see your message. This is my instant action edited mission.

I'm still working on it so not sure if its finished yet, for example I have used 'all of coallition out of zone' in order to send the 'mission success' message and havent had time to check if that works yet. I only get a little bit of time every day, and most of thats actually spent flying the mission(s) I make.

Anyway hopefully even if its a big mess, you will get an idea of what I'm going for and be able to do your own thing with it or show me how its done!

Part of (enemy) coallition in zone after 450 seconds will destroy you, as will speed if it drops below 25 or so. This might be more fun higher (30-35) but then you've really got to watch taking the corners or the bomb will go off. I wanted it to be basically normal flight except for the fact that you cant just stop, as I wanted to impede the players ability to just hover and snipe off targets from a safe distance as thats no fun. I think I should just buy the Huey really!

I dont think its really a mission that will trouble veterans of the sim, but I find it pretty diffcult to beat every time and yes it is great fun, though I do intend to work on it and make it even more challenging.

Not sure if you play VR too, but its intended for VR really and is meant to be nothing more than pure fun, but I also made sure to remove anything that would tax and ruin the VR experience.

I seriously beleive that rather than everyone worrying about massive PC upgrades the community just needs to work together on VR specific missions for both on and offline, because they are pretty close to flawless performance wise if you just avoid using certain things. And that dosent mean you cant make great missions...

instant action alternative NEW.miz

------------