Proposing a really good campaign for the Mig-21!

Fred00

I think M3 should consider developing a really high quality caucasus campaign for the Mig-21Bis. I think the module deserves it, and from a business point of view it would probably be a smart move. It would require alot less time and resources than making a new aircraft module, and alot of Mig-21 owners are probably looking for something really good to play with the Mig-21.

Think something along the lines of Baltic Dragons "The enemy within" for the A-10C, complete with immersive story and voice overs. Personally I would have no problem shelling out 10-15 bucks for something like that.

FWIW, I'm really enjoying the Mirage 2000 campaign. The way it integrates learning the systems of the aircraft with an immersive campaign story is perfectly done. Something similarly done with the MiG-21 would be my dream campaign.

I agree. Razbams approach to this should serve as a model to the other devs. The fact that the campaign ships with the module makes it even more awesome.

Yes, would love to have this as well!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• ED Team

I think a cool idea for a campaign would be to fly as an Abkhazian pilot in a fictional, Clancy style 2010-2011 scenario. I actually started doing some missions myself but my mission builder and scripting knowledge is limited.

The idea is that you are a retired Soviet PVO pilot of Abkhazian descent, who owns a civilian MiG-21bis that he flies at airshows across Europe and Russia (the first mission would literally be an airshow in Krasnodar). One day you get contacted by a Russian FSB agent who tells you that they discovered that the Georgian government is preparing a surprise attack to regain control over the separatist republics with a secret NATO support (blah blah blah, something that would be a standard DCS campaign plot if it was, say, an Su-27 or Su-25T campaign) and they offer you to make your bird combat ready again and secretly ship you to Gudauta to fly for the forming Abkhazian Air Force.

You then fly a series of introductory missions where there is no open conflict between any of the sides involved and you would need to find nonviolent resolution whenever confronted with Georgian/NATO aircraft. Once the war goes hot, you would be put into situations where you have to push your aircraft to the edge of its abilities and/or use it in situations it was not designed for (like Kh-66 attacks (field modification), intercepting a huge number of enemy aircraft alone forcing you to resort to guns and R-60 or flying missions at the edge of Fishbed's range). The plot would involve some political intrigue with Russia and NATO engaging in a proxy war through Abkhazia and Georgia respectively and alliances changing as the story progresses and the real motivations of each side are uncovered.

For example, one scenario I had in mind (and started working on with limited success) would require you to fly a pair of Fishbeds at low altitude through a narrow corridor along the Georgian border to perform BARCAP over South Ossetia, while the Ossetian forces airlift cargo from Tskhinvali to a hidden base in the north. Crossing the border into Georgia or flying too far into the Russian territory would result in either VVS or French Air Force (not sure where I pulled the French from, guess I just wanted this scenario to involve a confrontation with M2000C in particular) intercepting your flight and forcing you to turn back, firing at you if you don't comply. Due to fuel limitations you would only carry a pair of R-60Ms for your armament. Once you get close to the SO territory the Mi-8s would launch from Tskhinvali, and shortly after a pair of M2000C would take off from Tbilisi to investigate. You would have a limited GCI support meaning that if you don't find them with your radar, you get a very short warning before it is to late to react. Your job would be to force them to turn back before they reach the hidden base/Mi-8 flights without resorting to violence (the French would have ROE not to engage unless fired upon, which at the least would force both aircraft into a merge instead of Fishbeds being blasted away with Supers). Ideally, the campaign would branch there depending on whether you manage to turn them back without violence, they reach and overfly the area of rebel activity or violence breaks out and either you or the French flight suffers losses - but there is only so much you can do with the campaign system in DCS.

Edited by m4ti140

• 2 weeks later...
I think M3 should consider developing a really high quality caucasus campaign for the Mig-21Bis. I think the module deserves it, and from a business point of view it would probably be a smart move. It would require alot less time and resources than making a new aircraft module, and alot of Mig-21 owners are probably looking for something really good to play with the Mig-21.

Think something along the lines of Baltic Dragons "The enemy within" for the A-10C, complete with immersive story and voice overs. Personally I would have no problem shelling out 10-15 bucks for something like that.

Yes, good idea. Take should be better External Audio. But as it comes to this topic developers are silent. Which Will Certainly also lifted prestige module

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

I'm with you guys on this one. I remember investigating about Mapleflag's future plans with no luck, maybe a year ago... personally I'd love, love, love a good, in-depth training campaign, along with an updated DCE campaign.