Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly annoying to find out that issues like quality are still being worked out the date these units were supposed to ship. Like, back a few months ago you guys let us pre-order a sub-par product? But, I think this might be the Virpil line. The same excuse was used when the grips were delayed. Didn't learn any lessons in quality assurance there, I guess.

Obviously we all prioritize quality in something like this, but christ. Have they even entered production?

If the "gift" is a founder's nameplate or something, you guys may as well not even bother wasting time on that.

Aggregate pre-order revenue does not constitute a free development loan.

If you think my edits are harsh, remember what forum we're on. Pre-order promises are triggering.

Edited by Yaga

Good to hear you chose quality over delivery times.

Awaiting reviews.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

May 31st, 2017 // Announcement No. 13

...We were presented the choice to maintain our initial timing, or provide superior quality. We ultimately chose the latter. ...

#Cyph3r: Maybe the original schedule was over-optimistic. You should never forget Murphy's law! And you should make it a rule to "under-promise and over-deliver"!

And the statement about quality over timing sounds awfully familiar in the context of another vendor's problems. It doesn't really tell us anything. I expect you to tell us openly what the problem is and keep us updated with specific facts and realistic ETA dates. We understand you are a small business and probably have to face some tough issues getting started. But never forget:

Open communication builds confidence - smokescreens and vague statements build distrust.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

#Cyph3r: Maybe the original schedule was over-optimistic. You should never forget Murphy's law! And you should make it a rule to "under-promise and over-deliver"!

And the statement about quality over timing sounds awfully familiar in the context of another vendor's problems. It doesn't really tell us anything. I expect you to tell us openly what the problem is and keep us updated with specific facts and realistic ETA dates. We understand you are a small business and probably have to face some tough issues getting started. But never forget:

Open communication builds confidence - smokescreens and vague statements build distrust.

This is a much better worded than my comment, but essentially this is how I feel as well.

I too am curious what the specific problem is, and why they're just now addressing it.

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

Z...

+1: Much apprechiated. And good decision towards quality.

Right Choice!

Good to hear you chose quality over delivery times.

Awaiting reviews.

Thanks for the update.

I'm happy to wait a little longer to not have a product that was rushed out the door to meet a dead-line.

You made the right choice. :thumbup:

Thanks for the understanding guys, we really appreciate it! It'll be worth the wait - I promise!

Slightly annoying to find out that issues like quality are still being worked out the date these units were supposed to ship. Like, back a few months ago you guys let us pre-order a sub-par product? But, I think this might be the Virpil line. The same excuse was used when the grips were delayed. Didn't learn any lessons in quality assurance there, I guess.

Obviously we all prioritize quality in something like this, but christ. Have they even entered production?

If the "gift" is a founder's nameplate or something, you guys may as well not even bother wasting time on that.

Aggregate pre-order revenue does not constitute a free development loan.

If you think my edits are harsh, remember what forum we're on. Pre-order promises are triggering.

Hi Yaga, I understand the disappointment, no one likes a delay, especially us!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "letting you pre-order a sub-par product", but I think you're misunderstanding. The point is, we absolutely wouldn't give you guys a sub-par product.

Just to clear up, the delay you were referring to with the grip was that after production had begun and we had the "final" version in our hands, we noticed some ways that we could improve the grip. If there are any changes we feel would improve the product, we absolutely want to do this before we send them out. Once these changes were made the production run was restarted, which is what caused the delay (at an expense to us).

The MongoosT-50 Base has indeed entered production and everything else is ready, the delay is due to the mechanics/gimbal assembly itself as mentioned in the announcement. To elaborate on the "quality" reasoning, it is because our engineers had found some minor issues on the pre-production samples of the MongoosT-50 Base mechanics. It was not anything catastrophic by any means, but again, if we can improve the final product we’re going to do it! As mentioned in the announcement we will take such possibilities into consideration for future E.T.A announcements to ensure this doesn’t happen again. This is our first product set, so we are still learning.

So I really do understand the frustration (I'm a simmer/regular customer at the end of the day just like you!), but the real promise is to give you guys the best possible product and we’re absolutely sticking to that.

The gift is something that will not affect the timeline of the MongoosT-50 Base, so we feel the majority of users will appreciate the gesture.

Again, we deeply apologise for the delay, but we appreciate everyone's understanding with the situation. :thumbup: Thanks guys!

Absolutely LeCuvier, as mentioned in this post and the announcement, we'll be taking all this into consideration with future announcements to ensure this doesn't happen again and the whole point of this announcement was to be transparent with you guys and keep you all in the loop.

We'll have a new announcement coming soon with all the details.

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We'll have a new announcement coming soon with all the details.

I look forward to that, thanks!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi Cyph3r,

Check your PM folder...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

June 4th, 2017 // Announcement No. 14

► Ars Technica VPC MongoosT-50 Grip Review

VPC are pleased to announce the first (of many) professional review of the VPC MongoosT-50 Grip.

ArsTech-GripReview_1200.jpg

Check out the review at:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/hand-it-to-the-new-guys-ars-reviews-the-vpcs-mongoost-50-joystick/

More reviews to follow soon!

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cyph3r, you wouldn't happen to know the external dimensions of the stick base? Even an approximation would be very helpful.

The MongoosT-50 Base dimensions are:

13cm x 9cm x 13cm (LxWxH) Including the Grip Stem.

13cm x 9cm x 9cm (LxWxH) Not including the Grip Stem.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May I also ask for news on the European shop?

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Congrats on the positive reviews!

Thanks Rage!

May I also ask for news on the European shop?

And the introduction of Paypal as a payment option?

I've been trying to pay for and order I placed today, but keep bumping into some technical difficulties regarding CCs.

The Euro store will be open after the MongoosT-50 Base has started shipping. :thumbup:

Any news on new shippingdates?:)

Would be great to hear about shipping dates. Been 2-3 days so it'd be great to hear you guys have everything cleared up.

We're just putting together some final bits and pieces for the announcement! - hang tight! :pilotfly:

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys.

Just a quick post to thank publicly for all the support the guys at Virpil have provided while trying to sort out the payment problems I mentioned a while back on this thread. Keeping in mind that this problem of mine has absolutly nothing to do with Virpil's side, they have been tireless in trying to help me out (whilst I have been tiring...)

Just had to put that in public, because it's definetly worth mention, when you get great support from a company.

Cheers!

Paulo

• Like 1

You guys are really busting my balls with the smoke and mirrors. When you say "transparency" and then do ambiguous "finals bits to make it better," that's smoke and mirrors. Especially when you're late in the first place.

If it's going to be a massive delay, just tell us in plainly. How you handle the "announcement" is not remotely important to anyone. Anyone who's sat in an airport lobby waiting for a delayed flight knows how irritating "just thirty more minutes now!" gets after several hours.

At this point, a nagging part of me is beginning to wonder if pre-orders were intentionally expedited as a way to get some sort of jump on VKB. You guys are driving me to conspiracy theories! Just give us real information as to why we don't have what we paid you for.

Edited by Yaga