PFM chances??

You're arguing semantics. It doesn't matter what it's 'called', it is simplified, therefore my statement. I see you're in the UK, I'd figure you're familiar enough with English to recognise the hyperbole in 'woooooo we don't need physics' @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I've always taken it pretty straightforward, and believe all this quibbling over semantics is unnecessary.

Simple models are 'weoo yah, we don't need physics'

Professional (or whatever the middle level is, basically the FC3 upgraded models) utilise full physics and simplified avionics.

Advanced is the full simulation model, with clicky stuff in the cockpit.

External merely means it was made by a 3rd party, see their info for further details. Thus far all the 3rd party models have obviously been intended as full simulation modules, so it's pretty obvious what it's 'supposed to be'.

I realise people can be confused by childproof caps, or anything else potentially, but this is not that complicated. It's considerably simpler and less prone to confusion than some of convoluted proposals.

And as others have pointed out, and I have said often over the years : nobody is really going to know how accurate or not anything is unless they've actually flown one. Being a Cessna or 747 pilot does not make one any more qualified to gauge the accuracy of a MiG-21 simulation than a non-pilot like me.

You're all worrying over something that doesn't actually matter, and which can be readily identified by examining the particular module you're interested in in the first place.

It's quite amusing that you say it's straightforward and then insult people who are confused by the FM labels by suggesting they'd be confused by childproof caps, yet you are clearly confused yourself, as you say the simple (standard) model has no physics, that Professional FM is the next step up when in fact PFM is the most advanced FM available in DCS, and that Advanced is the highest level, when in fact AFM/AFM+ is between SFM and PFM.

Then you say that all 3rd-party models so far have been intended as "full simulation models" (meaing PFM) and thus it's pretty obvious what is on offer, which is incorrect as the Gazelle at least uses AFM (I don't know about any other modules).

Then you suggest that it doesn't even matter how good or bad the FM is, as even if we've flown civilian aircraft we're in no position to judge the accuracy of a fighter plane's FM. By that logic the devs might as well stop bothering about accurate FM in a sim and just give us something that looks pretty!!! OK, the few people who have actually piloted the aircraft IRL might complain but hey, they're a minority so no point worrying about them!

About the only thing in your post that isn't wrong is the statement that External (EFM) means it was made by a third-party.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen