Newbie questions

Pjup

1. How do I customize my ammunition belts?

2. How do I pick a skin for my Dora? I've spawned into my Dora too many times now only to find it sporting an absolutely horrible looking camouflage. Is there a way to pick which one you like and have the game assign it to you 100% of the time or am I just going to have to learn to live with this?

3. How do I equip rockets? I've tried playing the "takeoff" instant action mission and equipping things there but I'm only finding the 500kg bomb and the fuel drop tank in the ordnance options. Am I missing something in the menu or is the mission itself outdated?

4. Are the radiator flaps adjusted automatically in the Dora or should I be doing it myself? Also, are there any risks associated with running the plane with them fully open at all times?

5. Last, regarding the 210mm rockets, if I were to succeed in actually equipping and firing them is there a way to jettison the remaining tubes? I'd imagine they cause a whole lot of drag.

If you've got the knowledge, time and energy to give an answer for any of these questions I'd love to hear it, thanks.

Edited by Pjup

I can answer a couple questions.

when playing most missions (except instant action) you can go into mission planner or mission editor to change loadouts and skins. on right side of screen theres a row of symbols. click 2nd symbol from left and loadout screen will appear. Here you can choose and create loadouts as well as pick skins. Rockets were added recently so to use them just create new loadouts. If you haven't heard rockets and bombs will only work when one or the other are chosen so for now you should have 1 loadout for each of the 4 weapons

You can open instant action missions thru mission editor and make changes to loadout or skin. click no if it asks to save what you've done and change will be in effect for that mission only

Edited by cthulhu68
  • Like 1

1. you can not do it

2.you can change it in mission editor

3.too, in mission editor, click on the plane on the map

4.fully automatic, you can change target temperature which it will try to keep, no reason for it, if it is fully open, you will fly too slow

5.not sure

you can open instant action missions in mission editor, just "Open file" (on the left upper corner) and then open "quick start" file for proper aircraft

Screen_160830_184634.thumb.jpg.8296723eeccc039f0a4c5d144263864d.jpg

Screen_160830_184717.thumb.jpg.af754f8fe37bcd0ed3d74cdf3051c661.jpg

Screen_160830_185940.thumb.jpg.d02a585c2a35b2650e2d8e9fad401972.jpg

• Like 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

EDITED:

5. Should be possible (not tried , yet) Manual Page 70 "The right-hand switch is Jettison. "Ein" is the Safe position. Set the switch to "Aus" to enable the blasting mechanism that detaches the rocket housing and their struts from the aircraft wing and restores clean configuration."

If this does not work as described you can try with the "Emergency Wing Load Release", the red lever behind the flight stick saying "Flügellast" (see Manual Page 47), if the WGr.21 is connected to the wing station, what I am not sure about... Just try, if it jettisons the tubes.

And the manual cooling control is necessary for an orderly engine shutdown: Manual Page 90 "In warm weather, open all cooler flaps already during landing flare, when in cold weather during taxiing off. When stationary retard throttle lever and run engine at 1600-2000 RPM for some time in order to achieve uniform cooling."

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You can't jettison the tubes. The "Emergency Wing Load Release" isn't modeled. The same for "Gerät 21 Absprengung" knob on the middle console.

I think ED should rework the use of both R4M and WGr21. At the moment it's all wrong, as discussed in another thread.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

• 3 months later...
1. How do I customize my ammunition belts?

Go to .../DCS World/CoreMods/WWII Units/FW-190D9

open FW-190D-9.lua

go to for example line 515 for mixes and change the numbers like you want it, same goes for the other 3 guns/cannons

MG-131 numbers

1) APT shell

2) API shell

3)HEI shell

MG-151/20 numbers

1)HEI-T shell

2) API shell

3) Minengeschoss

but make a backup first, also when you edit that file, you won't pass IC

• 1 month later...
As of today, we still cannot detach the rocket tubes after the rockets have been fired. The "Emergency Wing Load Release" and "Gerät 21 Absprengung" switches still don't work. I hope ED intends to have that fixed.

Still the situation as of today.

Reference:

=======

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3021155&highlight=rockets#post3021155

The rockets fire ok, 2 at at a time.

Can fire the whole load-out in less than 5 seconds.

But the rocket rack remains.

Is the additional air flow drag modeled when the rocket rack is empty?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]