New to multipayer with the mig 21. Help

JuliMonkey

I just learned the mig 21. I know how to shoot and everything you need for combat. The big problem is how do i fight the f5e? I loose almost every fight. The lock on me be before i lock a missile on them. They see me before i see them. They often come from behind and boom i am dead. How should i fight the F5E?

Ka 50 - MIG 21 - FW 190 D9 - SU 27 - F15 - F 16

I just learned the mig 21. I know how to shoot and everything you need for combat. The big problem is how do i fight the f5e? I loose almost every fight. The lock on me be before i lock a missile on them. They see me before i see them. They often come from behind and boom i am dead. How should i fight the F5E?

Check your six more often

Fly low and sneaky

Use flaps in turns although you shouldn't really turnfight them, better stay fast or run away

Take flares with you

Use r60m

Check your surounding and use zoom and awacs or gci

evade and look for missiles...

or

run away but still look for missiles

but to be honest, the experience against players will come over time.

You can also try to dogfight against AI on higher skill levels if you want to practice first

Fly High and don't hide. F-5 is a rock in High Alts while mig is king, and that is without the compressor stall simulated yet! Use your R3R head on only. Make them fight your fight. Flying low and undeteced is the F-5's fight. IF you ever find trouble up high just dive and vanish they will never catch you. TIP: Protect your AWACS!!

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

personally, I rarely use the radar, especially because 5km can pass really quick and you have to maintain lock to hit and you give your position present to unaware tigers...

I'm better in spotting planes visualy, and I'm also using sometimes when a long time noone apeared the AWACS

Keep in mind that the MiG 21 radar suffers from ground clutter when flying low (below 1500m iirc). There are filters to reduce this but the effect stays. If you plan on using your radar be aware of this. Also the radar only looks a few degrees below and about 20/30 degrees (not sure here) upwards. So you only see what is in front and above you. Never fly the same course for longer than 10 seconds I'd say. Listen to what AWACS has to say and keep your head on a swivel

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A310F met Tapatalk