KC135MPRS changes?

Andysim212

I recently discovered wake turbulence too; not sure when it was officially introduced but I encountered it for the first time about a week ago on a multiplayer server; I don't think I've ever deliberately disabled it in my options so I'm guessing it was originally introduced as disabled by default. Seems that when its enabled within an online server's config then it is forced on for all clients too, regardless of local client config.

Yes it really steps up the difficulty of AAR for those (like me) not used to dealing with it. I'm not at all claiming to be rock steady and in full control but after a little practice it is eventually possible to deal with it.

I can't advise on the real world correct approach procedures for AAR but I find that coming in at a slight angle from the outer side helps.

E.g. if the basket/drogue is deployed on the left wing then try approaching from a little further out on the left side of the wing tip.

While within the necessary area to make connection (what I refer to as 'The Box'), I seem to find it necessary to maintain the stick somewhat left of center (for a left-hand drogue deployment). The aircraft feels like it is constantly being sucked right - into the engine wash of the tanker.

Perhaps having spent some time with helicopters has helped me get accustomed to prolonged off-centre 'stick' handling (Trim? What trim? :)).

But definitely expect, and get used to, holding the aircraft in position with significant off-centre stick position.

Another point is, the 'sweet zone' in which connection and refueling is possible feels to be kind of on a knife edge. Just a small movement towards either side can result in the aircraft getting sucked/pushed with rapidly increasing force further in that direction - just like balancing a pole vertically on the tip of your finger ... or like hovering a heli, in fact, which again experience of this could help here maybe?

Edited by MeerCaT
typo

I refueled my Hornet this morning on a 300 KIAS 135MPRS with waketurb w/o issues. Didnt feel like anything changed since 2.5.5

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I refueled my Hornet this morning on a 300 KIAS 135MPRS with waketurb w/o issues. Didnt feel like anything changed since 2.5.5

Same here. Model visibility for KC135 mprs definitely sucks. In normal view shows up at 1.7 nm and in zoom at around 3 nm. It's been reported already. S3 seems to behave same as before the update.

Has anyone noticed a caution on LDDI when extending refueling probe in the air. "Tk pressure" (?). It disappears when the probe is retracted. Have to look it up In NATOPS. Extending the probe on the ground doesn't trigger the caution.

https://youtu.be/uN8byVs2pzg

on a similar note ive noticed no difference on patch upgrade for air refuel.

That is the 130 has now become invisable.....just slight jet engine traces are showing......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Yeah, model issues are definitely a problem now, but they will be fixed in good time. Refueling itself is the same as in 2.5.5, though

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Opening the refueling probe at altitude depressurizes the tanks. The warning is normal and it did it before the latest update.

I've been refueling from recovery tankers only for the last few months which was always done at 7k feet max. This was actually the first time I went up above 20k to gas up in years:noexpression:

Anyways, now that you mentioned pressurization and cautions... the "fog" is slowly clearing up in my head. I sort of remember reading about transfer and tank pressure cautions being inhibited when refueling probe is extended, at least the "Xfer" for sure. I don't have the book handy right now. I'll look it up tonight.

Do we have a wake turbulence effect now? BTW, i refuel on kc135 mprs almost every day, without problems

Because kc130 is bugget now.

It's been in the game for a while now, but it's an optional effect, disabled by default. You need to go in Options (I think Gameplay tab) and check the box.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I can't find it on my game settings. Where is?

If it's not in Gameplay, check in Misc. I'm not home right now, so I can't say for fure. It's somewhere in there though, look around and you'll find it. Maybe someone else can chime in with the exact location.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro