Should only Senior-members be able to create polls?

PeterP

Should only Senior-members be able to create polls?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should only Senior-members be able to create polls?

• Yes - only Senior members should be able to open a poll
    • No - all members should be able to open a poll
    • Yes/No - members can open a poll but not in every forum section.

VOTE! and please tell "why"

Picking up a old idea of some members and me to create a poll about polls ;).

The idea behind this is that when you are a senior member you should be familiar with the subjects/discussions enough to decide if a poll is really helpful/necessary.

BTW: you become a senior member after 1000 postings.

Edited by PeterP

• 2 weeks later...

This typo was just a Turing-Test only made for you - and - know what ?!

You passed it !

(+ 68 reputation points inbound)

Congrats Zakatak!

:holiday::cheer3nc::cheer3nc::yay:

See ... -it's gone now.

:harhar:

-never mind -

When you try to make > FUN < with me - I will do the same with you ;)

-PeterP *

BTW: So, how did you vote?

One of your options has a spelling mistake in it.

*trying to make pissy folks laugh again since 2009

Edited by PeterP

Nah, people don't come on here for elitism

I get you point!

- but its really not about elitism. - its about common sense.

Let me explain : some folks just have about 30 posts.

Than they think "hey I know it better - and this is wrong"

...shortly after this they open a Poll - just to be controversial and get satisfaction in their thinking without knowing the bigger picture.

-not good for them -neither for the community.

I could now post some examples for this but - this wouldn't help at all.

And I admit - it wouldn't treat everyone well

- I even see the possibility to reduce the threshold to 100 posts.

- but I also seen already some guys that where able to make 100posts in their first week...

without really understanding what they are talking about.

I hope you get my point. - just saying that this isn't about being elitism.

Many bad words where written and/or even members got banned just because they made up a fight in some of this strange, uneducated, unnecessary polls.

Edited by PeterP

Becoming a senior member does not endow anyone with common sense:music_whistling:

Most polls are not answered any way. IMHO feed back from the community can be difficult to obtain and faulty in it results in the end

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Becoming a senior member does not endow anyone with common sense:music_whistling:

Most polls are not answered any way. IMHO feed back from the community can be difficult to obtain and faulty in it results in the end

I agree with dm here. Polls are just here for our enjoyment I think, but then again I don't know what happens behind ed's closed doors.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

the community can be difficult...and faulty

I think that sums up the problem with polls. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I voted for 2nd option.

How many posts do you need to become a senior member?

The other qualification is to actually read the posts in the thread! :P

The answer to your question is in the first post!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Got a slight hint that ppl getting bit fed of all the polls of which new aircraft bla bla bla.

But what gives a sensior member over a new member ? I seen senior members ask questions where i do wonder what they did all these years here on the forum. So i dont think only seniors can make polls because they might have a more indepth view into the forum. Fact is you got good polls and dumb polls and thats the way of live =)

OK, here is a solution that can work.

Anyone that wants to create a poll has to submit it to EtherealN and then debate its merits. If they can survive, I mean win, the debate then the poll gets posted.

Simple! :D

Now hiding from EtherealN!

Yeah, use me as an example, most of my posts are complete bollocks. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Well , I also don't say that everything what I post has a great value ..., :P

(look it up! - See , I'm not lying.)

But I learned after all to use the search function when I have the slightest feeling to open a poll.

And guess what :

-after a little reading I see no necessity to open a poll any more.

Edited by PeterP

OK, here is a solution that can work.

Anyone that wants to create a poll has to submit it to EtherealN and then debate its merits. If they can survive, I mean win, the debate then the poll gets posted.

Simple! :D

Now hiding from EtherealN!

Trying to get me even more work, are you?

Though it is a nice idea, might afford me some extra afternoon entertainment. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Serious - a administrator approval would be nice.

I see also the possibility that this would also help the poster to polish his questions/options little better with a little administrative help.

And when everything fails - there is always a good decision help that the administrator can use:

pendelset-messing.jpg

And when esoteric stuff is not your kind of thing - use this:

1396_Premium_Lager_Spielgeraet_Deutsche_Meisterschaft_im_Flaschendrehen-M.jpg

I heard that "Standard & Poor's" ordered 6 of this high-end decision-making computers lately...

So using it for tricky decisions can't be such a poor choice.

EDIT:

Sorry to pull out a dead horse ... but someone pointed me to it... ;)

Please have a look at my posting in this poll:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1399894#post1399894

Keep special attention to the poll results and my post.... well , and also read what happened after this at #70 and don't miss to read the first post !

Short: the thread got moved into chit-chat and is closed !

...You don't have to be a genius to see this coming beforehand.

Edited by PeterP

Trying to get me even more work, are you?

Though it is a nice idea, might afford me some extra afternoon entertainment. :D

See, everyone wins! :P

• 2 months later...

another perfect example why I opened this Poll:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1560149#post1560149

Serious - a administrator approval would be nice.

I see also the possibility that this would also help the poster to polish his questions/options little better with a little administrative help.

... so most of the problems will be cleared beforehand he drops his poll and don't has to give the answers to the whole community.

Edited by PeterP

I agree with dm here. Polls are just here for our enjoyment I think, but then again I don't know what happens behind ed's closed doors.

Yes, who knows about the potential evil that takes place behind ED's closed doors. They are plotting and planning always and in all ways. Beware of ED's closed doors. This could be some sort of huge ED Poll conspiracy. ;)

Out

This could be some sort of huge ED Poll conspiracy.

I don't think so. I am pretty sure most of EDs folks are Russians not Polls. ;)

27421203.jpg

Like 99% of the forums I've ever seen, there's always going to be the same things covered ad nauseum. Motorcycle forums have their "which oil should I use" threads, R/C forums have their "which radio brand is best" threads, and the sim forums have "which aircraft should be modeled next" threads. It's just how it is, even if the option to poll is gone, the debate will continue. ;)

Edited by KLR Rico

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS