TRACK IR 5 w/glasses

Just thought I would let everyone know that I was having some issues with the TRACKIR system. You see I do wear perscription glasses. At times in the cockpit I would have the system freak out and skew the view all around.

After some research on the Internet I decided to use the Camera view option in the GUI. I found the camera head was picking up the reflection in my glasses. This was proven by me trying to use the system without my glasses once. I say once because I am seriously nearsighted so I can't see hardly anything with them off.

Anyway, I was able to cure the issue by turning the filtering option up to the maximum setting. By default it looked to be set around 3/4.

Just thought I would add this in case someone else is sitting on the fence about using the TRACKIR system due to wearing glasses. Now that it works I couldn't go back to using a coolie hat to manage the in cockpit views. :thumbup:

Birdstrike = Chicken Sandwich!

This issue however is only with the trackclip (the one on the cap).

Nope, never had this issue either. Maybe you should get glasses with a good antireflection coating (you should either way).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Actually I forgot to mention I am using the track clip pro attached to the side of some studio monitors. I also am using a 27 inch ASUS LED monitor in a darkened room. The reflection on my lenses is really bright if I use a webcam to look at my own mug. Distance from the monitor is about 24 to 26 inches.

Yep, looks like I need to add some antiglare to the lenses.

Birdstrike = Chicken Sandwich!

Try adjusting the sensitivity in the software.....there is an option which allows you to see what the IR sonsor sees.

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hmm.. I use glasses and have not come across this. This issue however is only with the trackclip (the one on the cap). THE solution is getting the trackclip pro. You will not have this issue any more.

Agreed. The problem does not exist with the TrackClip Pro. I did see it with the hat clip but it was only an issue when the lighting was bright in my case.

EDIT: I do have anti-glare coatings here as well. Couldn't live without it really.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually I forgot to mention I am using the track clip pro attached to the side of some studio monitors. I also am using a 27 inch ASUS LED monitor in a darkened room. The reflection on my lenses is really bright if I use a webcam to look at my own mug. Distance from the monitor is about 24 to 26 inches.

When you use a "Track clip pro" make sure you have set the IR-brightness to zero!

TrackIR software > Camera > IR Brightness

This will switch off the IR-LEDs for illumination inside the camera.

The Track-clip-pro has it own LEDs - so no need to shine IR light on your head/glasses.

Edited by PeterP

I also wear glasses and I'm using hat-clip with no problems.

You can try two things:

1 - adjust "Light Filter Threshold" slider

2 - don't place TIR sensor directly in front of your face, try to put it somewhere to the side of your monitor

• 7 years later...

I have the same problem. With the track clip pro.

• 1 year later...

I was having the same problem. I use the track clip pro. My IR brightness was set at 10, I set it to zero as suggested and the problem went away. I could see extra red spots when I was in the camera view of the software, usually 1 or 2 depending on the angle of my head, now they are gone .