I think I'm decided.

I'm interested to learn what you find out. I've been lead to believe 32Gb is almost essential for DCS multiplayer...

Me too, building new system now and DCS is the only hog that seems to need 32GB.

any “sims”?

Well DCS is currently seems to be capable of using more cores for loading resources into memory/vram. You'll see lots of threads spike when rotating the external views suddenly. While that isn't proving us much on the surface, I suspect that such ability to even address extra threads could potentially translate into better utilization when they switch to Vulkan. There is a thread on the forums about there actually being some degree of performance scaling in DCS with more threads. The ability for render operations to take place independently (Asynchronously) of the main thread is a major feature for both Vulkan and DX12. Xplane is also transitioning to Vulkan, and the new MS Flight that'll be coming out next year will very likely be DX12. Star Citizen devs announced plans to use Vulkan, and its base engine (Cryengine/Lumberyard) is already MT aware. Nothing is available right now in the sim space that is using the full potential, but they don't have the resources of AAA game devs.