Helicopters Tournament 4

Alpenwolf

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Alpenwolf and 104th!

It was great fun, and the stream was really good (looking at it afterwards). Maverick got all hyped up, and for good reason :D It was like combination between Apocalypse Now and every Michael Bay movie ever. Red's rocket attack was just beautiful to watch.

And extra special thanks to Commie for the GCI. It really made it a match (and sorry for jumping the gun in the beginning :) ).

The only downside was quite a few technical problems from my own side. My joystick started to give spikes just before the tournament, so I had to use another one, which I haven't used to fly the Gazelle before, my Oculus kept losing its sensor and I had to switch to TrackIR in the middle and my DCS crashed twice...

Despite all of the above, I had really good fun! Waiting for the next one.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Been asking around in the Polychop section on the ED forums about the maneuverability of the Gazelle:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230348

It's confirmed now by real Gazelle pilots that the Gazelle is way too maneuverable than what it is in real life:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3773058&postcount=148

Full thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214649

Hope to see some improvement from Polychop there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just found this topic and event. Nice to see, after I flew on carrierwars round 2 with the Su27k "100 KIAP Kraut", and had a lot of fun, that there is some event about helicopters.

I do not want to hijack this topic, just want to say that I had a many hours long call with a Royal Army IP to back up informations we recieved from one Gazelle pilot at the moment, and no, It is only one pilot who recently commented the topic you mentioned.

We are working on updating the Gazelle FM, but as far I see it, it will still out manuever any other dcs helo, until something else hits the market that is also a light helicopter. I can only say, it will be worth waiting, cause the new technologies we build the past 9 month will have a nice impact on the Gazelle aswell.

@Alpenwolf, shoot me a messege if you like and maybe in round 5 I can be on with some real US Army pilots. ;)

Edited by borchi_2b

Hi, I just found this topic and event. Nice to see, after I flew on carrierwars round 2 with the Su27k "100 KIAP Kraut", and had a lot of fun, that there is some event about helicopters.

I do not want to hijack this topic, just want to say that I had a many hours long call with a Royal Army IP to back up informations we recieved from one Gazelle pilot at the moment, and no, It is only one pilot who recently commented the topic you mentioned.

We are working on updating the Gazelle FM, but as far I see it, it will still out manuever any other dcs helo, until something else hits the market that is also a light helicopter. I can only say, it will be worth waiting, cause the new technologies we build the past 9 month will have a nice impact on the Gazelle aswell.

@Alpenwolf, shoot me a messege if you like and maybe in round 5 I can be on with some real US Army pilots. ;)

I'm aware of the work you guys are dedicating to the FM of the Gazelle, as I have looked up your threads and news. Godspeed!

Helicopters Tournament 5 is just around the corner. Hope to see you there :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com