Unofficial Community A-4E-C Weapons Patch

NOTE: Version 1.04 of this patch has been integrated into the official module so there is no current need for the patch. I'll be updating the files based on the latest version of the official release.

This patch is focused to help tide things over while the A-4E-C team take their time with their official patches. There will be various fixes and additions focusing on the weapons system. I will be updating the changelog as I post new versions of the patch.

Here's the patch for anyone who is interested in trying the additional LAU-3, LAU-10, and LAU-68 launchers to max out the number of rockets the A-4E-C can carry. This patch also fixes the muzzle position of the HIPEG gun pods which were firing from the pylons instead of the muzzle of the gun pods.

Thanks to Merker for permission to post this patch and thanks to the A-4E-C team for making such a great mod. Feel free to use this code in the next patch if it meets your standard and if you wish to. I hope I can return the favour.

Fast patch! So it appears I was blind and saw the triple launcher in the photo as a dual launcher. Now everyone gets triple launchers for the centerline! (As if we didn't have enough rockets)

Do let me know if there is anything that I can add/fix in this community mod. Would like to give back as much as possible.

-------------------

CHANGELOG

--------------------

v1.04

• Added check for change in master arm sw. Fixed bug where sidewinders will not armed when toggling master arm switch. NATOPS procedure can now be followed.

v1.03

• Fixed bug where AGM-45A Shrike could not be mounted on inboard stations (2 and 4)

v1.02

• Added single/dual/triple LAU-68 FFAR launchers

• Reworked display names of rocket launchers to match DCS naming conventions and for better sorting

Dev Note: The entry labelled "LAU-68*3 -7 2.75' rockets MK5 (HE)" was already in the vanilla mod so I did not remove it. This uses the more modern Hydra 70 rockets. I've only added the FFAR which were historically accurate for the pre-1980s.

v1.01

• Added triple LAU-3 FFAR TER launchers for station 3

• Added triple LAU-10 Zuni TER launchers for station 3

v1.0

• Fixed muzzle position of the HIPEG gun pods

• Added dual LAU-3 FFAR TER launchers for stations 2, 3, and 4

• Added dual LAU-10 Zuni TER launchers for stations 2, 3, and 4

sxKGjmI.jpg

NnLHfwy.jpg

xi5CjAD.jpg

BbMi0XW.jpg

D2tCroY.jpg

gSGNtlV.png

Edited by heclak

Yeomen work there buddy, thank you! And thank you to the dev's for allowing the help!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Fab work mate. Looking forward to getting more rockets. Tallyho!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. Are there more rockets missing? I thought I covered them all. Do let me know if there’s something that is missing or needs fixing.

I’m currently working on fixing some issues with the sidewinders. And hopefully the AWRS.

I've modded the LUAs to allow the AIM-9P, 9P5, 9M on all 4 wing stations, ala the A-4F.

I sent the initial files to Merker prior to Thanksgiving and have since updated them again in the version 1.01.1 w/Hotfix that included your rocket edits.

Hopefully a combined effort is released.

I've modded the LUAs to allow the AIM-9P, 9P5, 9M on all 4 wing stations, ala the A-4F.

I sent the initial files to Merker prior to Thanksgiving and have since updated them again in the version 1.01.1 w/Hotfix that included your rocket edits.

Hopefully a combined effort is released.

Is the community A-4E becoming an A-4F? Based on my research the A-4E only carries 2 sidewinders.

I’ve only added weapons that were historically carried by the A-4E. I think that is the best way forward. Or else someone will start submitting GBUs and Mavericks on the A-4E as well. I’ll be strictly sticking to A-4E loadouts unless it officially changes.

I don’t mean any disrespect and I appreciate your initiative to send Merker files which included my edit. I’m actually flattered someone wants to use my code. But from a code development POV, it’s actually better to only send in code that belong to you. It helps the recipient to know what edits were made by you. As the other person’s code might have already been added before you sent it in. Stacking code edits makes it very difficult to diff and merge the code.

I personally do not send any code to Merker but rather just post here and give them permission to use my code if they wish to. It is best for them to combine what code they wish to use. I’m also making a number of updates so it makes no sense to send my code in. It could be outdated by tomorrow.

Sorry, I simply used the LUA files supplied in the 1.01.1 version I mentioned. Maybe it didnt have your edits after all. So many edits running around. My apologies

No worries. That’s precisely my point about combining edits. It gets messy quickly.

I've posted a new version of the patch that fixes the behaviour of the master arm switch.

The AIM-9 fix is an additional check for a state change of the master arm switch to trigger the check_sidewinder() function. This is to allow following the sidewinder procedure in A-4 tactical pocket guide. The procedure is as follows:

FUNC SEL SW ................................ BOMBS & GM ARM

STA SEL SW .................................. READY

MASTER ARM SW ........................... ON

TRIGGER/BOMB BTN ...................... DEPRESS

Original code only checks for the state change of func sel and sta sel for triggering check_sidewinder. So the MASTER ARM SW cannot be the last in the sequence. I just uploaded the latest version of my patch which includes this fix.

Great work

Can we receive only the aim-9 files ?

I work using OVGME and i have my own package.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

just for my understanding .. is this mod still going along with the real world or is this kinda of a "SUPER weapons mod" enabling the A4 to carry waepons more than it could IRL ?

just asking

cheers

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

just for my understanding .. is this mod still going along with the real world or is this kinda of a "SUPER weapons mod" enabling the A4 to carry waepons more than it could IRL ?

just asking

cheers

It’s still going along with the real world only. No plans for any “Super weapons mod”

It's real, the Scooter really was just that bad ass - could carry everything, and the kitchen sink.

Even Nukes.

'Gimp | DISCO - CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

It's real, the Scooter really was just that bad ass - could carry everything, and the kitchen sink.

Even Nukes.

'Gimp | DISCO - CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

That's something that really impressed me as I was researching more on the A-4E. The upgraded ones like the A-4SU could even carry GBUs and Mavs. If only it had AIM-120s. Then it would be the F/A-4. Haha.

It’s still going along with the real world only. No plans for any “Super weapons mod”

well good to hear this is still real world only ! :thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• 3 weeks later...
Any chance of updating the mk77 explosions fx to look like napalm instead of looking like just a regular dumb bomb. there is a napalm explosion fx lua file but got no clue how to implement it.

I'll check if this is possible.

As of Weapons patch v1.04. This patch has been integrated into the official release v1.02. I'll still be working on the patch following the updated module. Do let me know what needs working on and I'll try my best.

Visibility fix for dual CBU is currently uploaded to Github if you want an urgent fix. I still want to add some polish before releasing it here.

https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues/4#issuecomment-449851807

Changelog:

• Fixed visibility issue with dual CBU launchers.
  • Corrected release position of bomblets from SUU-7 launcher to end of launcher tubes.
  • Corrected visual representation of bomblets in tubes. Bomblets are now visible in all tubes when loaded and tubes will be empty when expended.