What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

• ED Team

What NEWfeature of the Hornet are you MOST looking forward to? Your input allows us to best prioritize what our customers want most.

New features are of course in parallel with improving and correcting existing systems. There has to be a balance of the two.

Note: Poll software is limited to 10 choices.

Edited by Wags

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that’s tough.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

HARM

Datalink/link 16

ATLIR

JSOW

HSI Sublevel pages

TWS radar mode

JHMCS

Situation Awareness and completion of EW pages

FPAS

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I’m like a kid in a candy store with all these systems coming online in the near future. But what I miss the most is full SEAD/ DEAD capability.

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com

HARM

Datalink/link 16

ATLIR

JSOW

HSI Sublevel pages

TWS radar mode

JHMCS

Situation Awareness and completion of EW pages

FPAS

This is basically my exact list.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

You should merge Targetting pod and guided bombs options together as people mean both in pair when voting for either.

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

I think there's a couple of different answers depending on what way you look at it - there's either 'What do I need finished before the Hornet can become my every day driver?' (I. E. What's stopping me from playing it more often) and then 'What's the most exciting new feature?'.

The answer to the first is the radar - we really need LTWS (with the HAFU symbols and color so we can IFF without locking) and the other radar modes, as well as fixing it so we can crank without dropping lock, before the Hornet would be a viable option to start using online instead of the Mirage (without taking a significant SA penalty).

After that, I'm most looking forward to it all (obviously) but probably in this order - datalink(+SA page), JHMCS, HARM, ATFLIR, PGMs, AG radar, ACLS.

My priorities:

1. ATFLIR

2. HARM

3. A/A radar TWS

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde