F/A-18D Poll

Catah

F/A-18D Poll  

192 members have voted

1. 1. F/A-18D Poll

• Yes
    • No

Out of curiosity would anyone want to see an F/A-18D along with the C? I personally would love to see one. I know we don't need one considering the C can pretty much perform all the same functions, but I think it would be really interesting to be able to fly sorties with the shared workload. Plus I think it would just be awesome to have a buddy with you in the plane to spot targets and yell at you for messing up your landings, etc. Not to mention it would be really helpful for newer Hornet pilots to have an experienced guy in the back as instructor. Just a thought! (I don't expect ED to make one... but I can dream! :pilotfly:)

EDIT: What I have in mind with this would be as an addition to the existing F/A-18C module. If I had to choose between getting a D Hornet or getting an entirely different aircraft module developed, of course I would rather have something new for a next module.

Edited by Catah
Added comment

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Out of curiosity would anyone want to see an F/A-18D along with the C? I personally would love to see one. I know we don't need one considering the C can pretty much perform all the same functions, but I think it would be really interesting to be able to fly sorties with the shared workload. Plus I think it would just be awesome to have a buddy with you in the plane to spot targets and yell at you for messing up your landings, etc. Not to mention it would be really helpful for newer Hornet pilots to have an experienced guy in the back as instructor. Just a thought! (I don't expect ED to make one... but I can dream! :pilotfly:)

Do I want a two seat jet that has less fuel, and has zero need for a second crewman?? hell no. Id rather get a full fidelity F-8 crusader or Super E.

Out of curiosity would anyone want to see an F/A-18D along with the C?

I would not.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Just as AI

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just as AI

Negativ - as flyable two seater with option of shared cockpit ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

The most valuable time in DCS for me has been in the L-39 with someone in the back and front seat. That includes awesome Red Flag missions with the 104th, many Blue Flag hours, training with the squadron and single player. Flying as a crew seems to be the most fun not only IRL but also in the sim. While the L-39 is a great airplane and trainer, in my opinion we could benefit from a trainer with modern western avionics, if it can do FAC(A) and other mission even better.

Agreed, I’d rather have an FA-18F. Of any variety but as high a lot as they can get info for. While an easy transition from a user perspective it would be essentially creating a new aircraft for the developers. Two seat rhino gives the most attractive modern airframe, all of the benefits of a two seat crew to include FAC(A) and some serious legs and payload. I would gladly play from the backseat only in multiplayer. This is my top choice for aircraft and would truly make this a modern combat simulator. While I understand classification is an issue, lower lot rhinos have much in common with legacy hornets with that respect. Hornets limited gas, aged displays and limited payload will always leave me wishing for the rhino with a WSO. Not to mention it looks better.. two seat hornets don’t look right. Foxtrot is a different story.

personal preference id say limit the F/A18D as an AI, and if we had to get another aircraft from the Hornet Family, id rather it be a F/A18E or F Super Hornets(s)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

personal preference id say limit the F/A18D as an AI, and if we had to get another aircraft from the Hornet Family, id rather it be a F/A18E or F Super Hornets(s)

I doubt you'd see a -D as a Player Flyable, Maybe as AI.

I also doubt you'd see a -E/-F as Player Flyable anytime soon, the early lots would be easy to develop, but wouldnt offer much more, and would prolly offer less in terms of removing the Rockets.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I doubt you'd see a -D as a Player Flyable, Maybe as AI.

I also doubt you'd see a -E/-F as Player Flyable anytime soon, the early lots would be easy to develop, but wouldnt offer much more, and would prolly offer less in terms of removing the Rockets.

Im sure most people fly aircraft here for reasons than "x aircraft offers something more and is superior to aircraft ( or ISn't and therefore no point flying)

a by that logic no one would care for an F16C block 50/52 CCIP given the F/A18C's from a comparable era will fill the same mission profiles, in addition to carrier ops, thefore Viper offers less because it can carrier land?

Very clearly thats not the case ;)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 9 months later...

Yes, the F14B did show us its fun and possible. Meaby its not the best tactical choice if we allready have the C, But is will be really fun share a plane with your friends and this its should be fun.

FA 18 D "Add on" for oldest FA18C clients or a new module for they allready doesnt have the charly version.

Off course, a Foxtrot Superhornet its even a better idea.

Off course, a Foxtrot Superhornet its even a better idea.

Most of the features of the F/A-18F are clasified. It would be imposible to make a realistic DCS-level simulation of that plane for the lack of information. Same situation with the F-22, the Eurofighter, Rafale, Grippen, Su-35...

@Kev2Go

Granted but his point was mostly that it's even more alike than the 18 vs 16.

@Kongamato

Classification is irrelevant, the A-10C, F/A-18C, and AV-8B we have are late currently active variants that have ''classified'' bits. For that matter, it's only specific aspects that will be particularly ''sensitive'', not the whole aircraft persay. The now defunct VEAO had an agreement at one point with BAE regarding the Eurofighter, so even that isn't off the table.

As has been stated many times before, it's about availability of info, and in particular how cooperative the governmental and corporate entities you're approaching happen to be when it comes to getting additional data.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

How different would the flight model for a D hornet be. It would be kind of an interesting experiment for ED to do the back cockpit of the D and license Jester from Heatblur. Then sell it as a back seat only module for a reduced price, or as a upgrade for C owners.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I say no mainly because it would be a waste of resources, because it would be a useless fighter in DCS World in my opinion, except for the "multicrew" reason, in reality the D variant was mainly used for training and Forward Air Control, 2 useless roles in DCS, the WSO's cockpit is a copy and paste of the pilot's cockpit, the Hornet is a fighter designed to be controlled by only one person, a second person is not necessary. If all the most famous aircraft had been added I would have said yes, but now no, it is a waste of resources honestly.