DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

I'm re-running the Su-27B Flanker (FC3) training missions, and it appears that the mapping for the next/ previous waypoint commands on the china hat switch are missing. Not sure if that also carries over to the -33 or any other modules yet.

I'm re-running the Su-27B Flanker (FC3) training missions, and it appears that the mapping for the next/ previous waypoint commands on the china hat switch are missing. Not sure if that also carries over to the -33 or any other modules yet.

The latest beta (33184) fixes this. Do you still have the issue, even after reloading the diff.lua files?

Edited by Home Fries
clarified question.

Yesterday, I was testing the F-86 and I noticed that the "Weapon Release Button" (#2) was not recognised inside DCS.

I can see it's assigned to weapon release in the control setup under the Virtual Thrustmaster Warthog hotas column, but it's not recognised. I can assign any other button to weapon release, but I can't assign button 2 to any other command.

I thought my button 2 was broken, but it's recognised by the Windows joystick control panel and it works fine with the other planes in DCS.

I was wondering whether this is an issue only on my side or is it general?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Yesterday, I was testing the F-86 and I noticed that the "Weapon Release Button" (#2) was not recognised inside DCS.

I can see it's assigned to weapon release in the control setup under the Virtual Thrustmaster Warthog hotas column, but it's not recognised. I can assign any other button to weapon release, but I can't assign button 2 to any other command.

I thought my button 2 was broken, but it's recognised by the Windows joystick control panel and it works fine with the other planes in DCS.

I was wondering whether this is an issue only on my side or is it general?

So what you're saying is that it's pressing as it should, and it's mapped in DCS Options, but it's not recognized in DCS Options.

If it isn't recognized in the Options menu, I'll look into it. If it is recognized in the DCS Options menu, there's not much I can do about it in-game.

So what you're saying is that it's pressing as it should, and it's mapped in DCS Options, but it's not recognized in DCS Options.

If it isn't recognized in the Options menu, I'll look into it. If it is recognized in the DCS Options menu, there's not much I can do about it in-game.

The Warthog joystick button 2 click is recognised in the device tools. However it's not mapped on any Warthog virtual device button. I suppose it should be mapped to button 2 in the virtual device so that it's recognised by DCS as the weapon release.

And to answer to your very question: button 2 isn't recognised in the DCS options menu. It doesn't scroll to the weapon release line to which it's assigned, and I can't assign button 2 manually to any action. It's like if it didn't exist in the virtual device.

Edited by lwalter

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

The Warthog joystick button 2 click is recognised in the device tools. However it's not mapped on any Warthog virtual device button. I suppose it should be mapped to button 2 in the virtual device so that it's recognised by DCS as the weapon release.

And to answer to your very question: button 2 isn't recognised in the DCS options menu. It doesn't scroll to the weapon release line to which it's assigned, and I can't assign button 2 manually to any action. It's like if it didn't exist in the virtual device.

Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

2.34 Hotfix 2 is out.

Changelog:

• Remapped Mi-8/UH-1 LOSB01 NS430 mapping for consistency with other modules
  • F-86: Fixed S2 mapping for Warthog.
  • AV-8B: Fixed keyboard fuel probe mapping

Thanks a lot!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hello

Oculus Rift

Head Tracking Hardware = 1

Default POV Hat function in VR = 1

diff.lua charger (keyboard column or combined I don't know?) I loaded in the keyboard column and combined virtual Thrustmaster

It is impossible to switch from pilot to co-pilot with the pov (right left) unless I set:

Keypress Duration: 5ms

Do you have an idea to solve my problem?

Thank you

hello

Oculus Rift

Head Tracking Hardware = 1

diff.lua charger (keyboard column or combined I don't know?) I loaded in the keyboard column and combined virtual Thrustmaster

It is impossible to switch from pilot to co-pilot with the pov (right left) unless I set:

Keypress Duration: 5ms

Do you have an idea to solve my problem?

Thank you

First, if you are using a VR solution, you should set Head Tracking Hardware = 2. You also need to follow the directions for VR in the Setup Guide PDF, and apply the diff.luas both to the GUI tab and the applicable modules. I'm inferring that you added the diff.luas to the module in question.

Next, check out the section in the User Reference (HTML) titled "Deviations for Virtual Reality Configurations." Depending on which module you're using, you will likely need to double-tap the hat switch to switch positions.

If you still have issues, we can further investigate. That keypress duration seems awfully short, though.

thank you for your answer

I'm starting to despair of using your script, I can't get anything stable.

I've been trying to make it work for several days, without any results.

Helicopter Mi8 Simu

Oculus Rift

Warthog+TPR+2x MFD

Head Tracking Hardware = 2

Pause Head Tracking at Gunner Station = 0

TriggerZoom length = 0

Creation of JOY_BTN30 JOY_BTN31 and JOY_BTN32

I have loaded this TARGET Mi8 file kb v230.diff.lua in the keyboard column

I have loaded this TARGET Mi8 file wh v230.diff.lua in the Thrustmaster Virtual Combined column

Interface :

I have loaded this file TARGET UILayer js VR1 v168.diff.lua in the keyboard column

I have loaded this file TARGET UILayer js VR1 v168.diff.lua in the column Thrustmaster Combined Virtual

Module: Mi8

I have loaded this file TARGET UILayer js VR1 v168.diff.lua in the keyboard column

I have loaded this file TARGET UILayer js VR1 v168.diff.lua in the column Thrustmaster Combined Virtual

REMOVAL OF LEGACY COMMANDS

I'm not sure I understand all of them, what should you delete?

DEFAULT POV HAT FUNCTION IN VR = 1

Same as you have to delete yourself? I don't understand.

Thank you for all the help you will give me

Helicopter Mi8 Simu

Oculus Rift

Warthog+TPR+2x MFD

Head Tracking Hardware = 2

Pause Head Tracking at Gunner Station = 0

TriggerZoom length = 0

Creation of JOY_BTN30 JOY_BTN31 and JOY_BTN32

Be sure you create the modifiers for every module

I have loaded this TARGET Mi8 file kb v230.diff.lua in the keyboard column

I have loaded this TARGET Mi8 file wh v230.diff.lua in the Thrustmaster Virtual Combined column

Interface :

So Far So Good, except you don't need to load the diff.lua for the keyboard (it says js in the filename).

Module: Mi8

This could be the problem. The UI Layer diff.lua is only for the Interface. For the module, stick with the TARGET Mi8 xx v230.diff.lua files for keyboard and joystick

REMOVAL OF LEGACY COMMANDS

I'm not sure I understand all of them, what should you delete?

DEFAULT POV HAT FUNCTION IN VR = 1

Same as you have to delete yourself? I don't understand.

You need to read Appendix D in the Setup Guide PDF. I recommend reading the setup guide all the way through, as it will hopefully give you some context. This isn't a script you want to jump into without reading the manual.

I don't see any cells with this name: JOY_BTN30+JOY_BTN32+JOY_BTN_POV1_L/R

in the Mi8 module collone Thrustmaster Conbined virtual collone

The problem remains the same as my first post, I have to reduce to 5ms Keypress Duration for the POV to work correctly.

after the CMS button no longer work properly.

Hey there, I'm getting weird behaviour from Jester menu: sometimes it becomes unresponsive or select different answers vs. what I've chosen/selected.

I'm using VR, so moving my head to select menu input and then Jester AI (down on intercom throttle stick).

Sometimes it works, sometimes (often) not. I'm using all latest luas, including june hotfix.

A thing I've noticed is that compared to other modules, the Target GUI is cluttered with "Stick Buttons... Done!" messages when I end a F14 session with those Jester UI issues.

Notice I don't have any other problem with other COMMS.

Anyone else experiencing those issues ?

Hey there, I'm getting weird behaviour from Jester menu: sometimes it becomes unresponsive or select different answers vs. what I've chosen/selected.

I'm using VR, so moving my head to select menu input and then Jester AI (down on intercom throttle stick).

Sometimes it works, sometimes (often) not. I'm using all latest luas, including june hotfix.

A thing I've noticed is that compared to other modules, the Target GUI is cluttered with "Stick Buttons... Done!" messages when I end a F14 session with those Jester UI issues.

Notice I don't have any other problem with other COMMS.

Looking at the code, MSD shouldn't remap anything at all. As long as you have it set to Jester (which should be default, though you can switch it for multiplayer/AIRIO with S3+LOSB16), all it does is hold shift, press A, and release shift once you release the button. The "Stick Buttons..." message should only occur when you remap the stick, which IIRC happens in 3 cases:

1. You change seats (e.g. Pilot to RIO)
  2. You raise or lower the gear.
  3. You exit CommState (which is entered when you hold MSL/R), at which point the stick is remapped to its previous configuration.

Just to confirm, you are using the HOTAS Warthog (i.e. not a Cougar), right?

I use Warthog HOTAS, no MFDs.

I rebuilt the F14 profile by disabling (-1) MFDs and enabling (1) "comm menu by active station", and then I've tried it again in quick instant actions scenarios: Jester menu is more consistently responding (without shutting down without answers) but I still get the "Stick buttons... Done!" message on the Target GUI, even if less frequently.

Could be because those last test were with quick instant actions while the previous were with long DCE Campaign missions... not sure... anyway Jester was answering more reliably.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong anyway... maybe I'm building the F14 profile with some bad settings ? I will go through those again...

Meanwhile if you have any suggestion about things I can do to get a better understanding about the issue feel free to chime in...

Hello, I'm not really sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to change the profile without owning the mfd cougar?

It is now. Make sure you set Cougar MFDs to 0 in CTS, then you can use S3+SPDB/T9 Long to enter profile selection mode and Hat2 to cycle selections.

Details are near the end of the User Reference.

I use Warthog HOTAS, no MFDs.

I rebuilt the F14 profile by disabling (-1) MFDs and enabling (1) "comm menu by active station", and then I've tried it again in quick instant actions scenarios: Jester menu is more consistently responding (without shutting down without answers) but I still get the "Stick buttons... Done!" message on the Target GUI, even if less frequently.

Could be because those last test were with quick instant actions while the previous were with long DCE Campaign missions... not sure... anyway Jester was answering more reliably.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong anyway... maybe I'm building the F14 profile with some bad settings ? I will go through those again...

Meanwhile if you have any suggestion about things I can do to get a better understanding about the issue feel free to chime in...

The only thing I can think of is that you may be pushing the mic switch left or right instead of down, especially since direction is relative to the throttle arm instead of the desktop. I tested last night and couldn't duplicate the "Stick buttons... Done!" message without going left or right on the mic switch, which is by design. Code checks out too.

ok done initial play with 18 stick and its talking to your program fine.

Need to do specific profiles on it and possible open up some buttons in certain profiles

If you want help on this I can try home fries?

First observation is:

1, 3, 4 & 6 are mapped the same that's the wheel break paddle through trigger,

2 & 5 is common (pickle & recce))

15, 16, 17, 18 ,19 is common (weapon selection at thumb)

Problem is sensor select they are mapped different.

Warthog 11,12, 13, 14 clockwise.

Hornet 7, 8, 9, 10 clockwise, plus sensor select depress on 14.

11, 12, 13 on Hornet are a 2 way momentary plus depress (up = 11, depress = 12, down = 13)

I am going to see if I can work out how to sort

Edited by tea_cypher
Update

Thanks, @tea_cypher. I just got back from travel last night and spoke to a friend who has the hornet stick. He said pretty much the same thing. I was worried about the &JoystickF18 address in TARGET and was afraid I would need new nomenclature for everything, but it sounds like DCS and TARGET still sees it as a Warthog stick. This makes it very doable.

Have you tested whether you can change between the Warthog and Hornet stick while the profile is active, and without the profile dumping. I imagine this would work, but I want to make sure before starting to code. I can do the Hornet and Harrier based on these button assignments, but no plans yet for anything else.