F-14 throttle profile using thrustmaster Warthog throttle detent

Strikeeagle345

Hey guys! Will the tomcats throttle profile line up with the Warthog's hardware detent by default or will we need to mess with the axis tuning to get it dialed in?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• 2 months later...

Seems to be aligned ok on mine as far as I can tell. Max on the quadrant at the top detent, Full AB at top of range. idle detent position is exact. Cutoff buttons at bottom end.

Not 100% sure about Max AB setting - the throttle looks to be at the right place on the quadrant in game, but the nozzles only open to 3.5 not 4. I don't know if that is correct - but they look pretty full open in external view.

I noticed that as well. My first fam flight my settings were on the F/18 and most everything worked fine. I then started looking at the F14 Pilot configuration. Had to remap the rudders....also, will need to fine tune the pitch and roll and rudder curves.

i7-8086k CPU @4.00GHz

Mem: 32GB

EVGA 1080ti

SSD - 500 GB X 3

HDD - 1 TB

I set mine to slider with a 15% deadzone at the top, which put the afterburner gate right up against the throttle detent.

The tomcat's airbreak automatically retracts at full mil power, so i played with the deadzone until hitting the detent retracted the airbrake.

Hope that helps! :)

(I am using the TM warthog)

Edited by Sergeant_Hamlet

• 3 months later...
I set mine to slider with a 15% deadzone at the top, which put the afterburner gate right up against the throttle detent.

The tomcat's airbreak automatically retracts at full mil power, so i played with the deadzone until hitting the detent retracted the airbrake.

Hope that helps! :)

(I am using the TM warthog)

You sir are a genius !! i have looked all over the forum for the correct detent settings on the Warthog … your solution was the best, most simple and effective solution of them all Kudos !!

I had to set curves for it to work. The AB detent, at least. MIL power on my Warthog equated to about 96% RPM in-game. I set my curves as an inverted slider with the following:

0 - 4 - 10 - 19 - 32 - 44 - 56 - 67 - 79 - 90 - 100

Works perfect for me, except my left throttle still gives 1-2% less RPM than the right even though they both have the same curves.

Get the push through detent mod too it give you more play in mil and easy to go to ab. I forgot the name off the top of my head and don’t have it handy right now but I’m sure somebody here knows where to find it.

Hi,

Are you referring to detent from Shapeways? If so, are you using any curves?

I was not, but after the last update it seems a little different... Tks

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I am. I am using a tiny bit of curve.

Thanks Grant.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

The speed brake trick someone posted earlier to set full MIL power at the detent works quite well. I bumped up the throttle curves bit by bit and tried the detent position until the brake retracted.

F-14B: 0-4-10-19-32-44-56-67-79-90-100

Do you use this setting with Shapeways´ detent? Tks!

Hamilton said:

Yes I am. this is what you want to set for it to be correct with the Shapeway detent. At mil, DLC and speedbreak retract.

image.png

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Yes I am. this is what you want to set for it to be correct with the Shapeway detent. At mil, DLC and speedbreak retract.

Thank you so much Strikeeagle345 ! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, sorry for the delay. Yes I do. Works perfectly.

30+ years virtual pilot.

F-14B Driver. (Looking for a RIO)

33 years Model Aviation.

776036 #776036

FAA #FA3YTWPLMK

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

• 3 years later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, Strikeeagle345 said:

Screen_190315_203838.png

can you pls post your settings again? The image has been removed.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

1 hour ago, Leviathan667 said:

can you pls post your settings again? The image has been removed.

Sure thing. I will update my old post too. Same for both throttles. It should still be the same, I haven't changed it nor have I noticed any issues with it.

Shapeway detent settings:

image.png

Edited by Strikeeagle345
  • Thanks 1

Strike

USLANTCOM.com