USB devices going crazie

Hi

I have 3 Leo Bodnarinterfaces, Hotas Warthoog, Cougar MFDs and rudderpedals running. Most of them on external powered USBhubs.

From time to time they start disconnecting and connecting by themselves randomly and going wild, accompanied by these annoying windowssounds.

this makes flying impossible and drives me crazie :mad:

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it ???

Kind regards, Markuscha

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

I had a similar problem. The cause turned out to be the weight of the cables pulling the connector slightly skew causing intermittent connection. The problem was solved by ensuring plugs were straight and tying the cables up to keep the plugs straight.

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

I also have usb question. I have 11 usb's connected when running dcs, 7 are sim related. Do you think that is too much.?

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Nah, I think I have 13 or more USB connections at any given time. The bus can handle the data - you just have to have sufficient power, and the bus itself won't likely be able to power all your devices, so an independently powered hub is needed. I think that's all that is required.

I got 22 USB connections running in my simpit...no problem.

First of all you have to switch all USB ports to "full power"

System settings: Hardware and Sound - Power Options - to High Performance

Then go to advanced power settings - USB Settings and switch the

USB selective suspend setting to DISABLED

Use active USB-hubs.

Install the freeware USBDeview. Here you can check out and uninstall

all dead or unused USB-devices....and you can see if any of your USB-devices got problems.

I7-7700k 4,2 / 32 GB RAM / Geforce 2080 TI / 2x M2 500GB SSD / 1 TB SSD / Pimax 5k / WinWing Stick and Throttle

Server: [Wolfpack] Germany 93.186.198.98 Port 10308

IG Callsign: Fenris

I had a similar problem. The cause turned out to be the weight of the cables pulling the connector slightly skew causing intermittent connection. The problem was solved by ensuring plugs were straight and tying the cables up to keep the plugs straight.

Thank you all !

I think this one was my problem,too.

Had a very quiet and relaxed flight yesterday :)

Once again : Thank you :thumbup:

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

This can also come from the automatic power saving feature of windows 10. You have to disable this feature one by one for each device in the device manager.

Will have a look if it happens again ...

Thanks !