Simple monitor question

I'm currently flying (when not crashing) the Harrier. My monitor is 3840x2160. But I also have a second monitor at 1680x1050 that I'd like to use. I've watched some of the "how to" videos and scanned the topics on this forum. Seems like a lot of work. My questions are more basic though.

Is a second monitor of different size really that useful; does it add anything of substance to the experience? And how best should I use the second monitor -- what do most DCS users route to it?

Thanks for any advice.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use a second monitor to output the MFCDs to, combined with Thrustmasters MFCD buttons over the top makes this even more useful.

You can also use a program called Helios to export some of the instruments and dials to the second monitor.

It is all quite tricky to set up and to be honest most of the time I use my second monitor for AIMP, Skype or even TV.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.