Maverick Issue in 2.5 release

Ryno1217

Let me start by saying I recently had to do a fresh install of my OS and DCS. But prior to this, I did not have the "bug??" I am about to talk about.

So after the fresh install of DCS, I started up the Instant Action Nevada Takeoff mission for the A10 to set up my controls. After my controls were done, I started dropping random weapons to make sure I had everything assign correctly. The default weapon load out worked fine until the mavericks. I believe you have an H and D model and neither of them come off the rail. The mav screen flashes like it fires, but no joy. All master arm switches are armed. I tried manually selecting them in the DSMS page, using DMS to cycle weapons, and it happens everytime. Shows lock, press weapon release, screen flashes, and it does not come off the rail.

Has anyone else came across this or is it my specific game that something is off? Any info/input would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

That's odd. I just ran my A-10C last night for the first time on the release version and had no issues with them.

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t have time yet to test other missions so maybe it’s just that particular mission. I will look again tonight after work.

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

I'm sure this isn't the issue, but it never hurts to check...

Open the mission in question in the Mission Editor and check your loadout to make sure you're not carrying TAGM-65's. Those are the training versions and will lock onto targets as normal, but WILL NOT shoot, as they don't have rocket motors installed.

I'm sure this isn't the issue, but it never hurts to check...

Open the mission in question in the Mission Editor and check your loadout to make sure you're not carrying TAGM-65's. Those are the training versions and will lock onto targets as normal, but WILL NOT shoot, as they don't have rocket motors installed.

i didn't check in the mission editor, but i tried another mission and the mavericks worked. Thank you for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

There is really something wrong with Maverick and DCS 2.5, I was flying Instant Action (West Georgia - Winter) and visibly with all parameters OK and the missile was well off the target (twice). I tried the mission again with the 1.57 which I also have installed and it was perfect. I understand that 2.5 is pretty (trees, terrain, water effects, etc) but it has many bugs in several modules.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb