Nordic Battle - Viggen DCE campaign

attachment.php?attachmentid=163035&stc=1&d=1495970538

Nordic Battle, a campaign for the AJS37 Viggen. This is a dynamic campaign built with MBot´s Dynamic Campaign Engine, and it needs testing. I´m not a very good Viggen pilot, so I haven´t tested it myself more than a couple of missions, just to see if it works. There are probably alot of bugs, so please report them here if you encounter some.

Download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5fj0b9uibkix2g/Nordic%20Battle.zip?dl=0

Updates:

ver 1.1 Corrected a missing image bug. Updated readme file.

763233804_nordicbattle.thumb.jpg.0a095cd76bb92533ae4d38d9ab8d70bc.jpg

Edited by Cristofer
  • Like 1

I will also give it a try thank you ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Yes sounds great ;)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

First of all, thank you for making this campaign.

I ran into a problem, whenever I exit a mission the command prompt pops up and closes itself within a split second a couple of times. The debrief txt file doesn't seem to open at all.

The necessary modifications to the missionscripting.lua have been made.

However the campaign continued after the first mission onto the next mission.

But now I am stuck at the second mission (SEAD against Sochi while F-16 destroy it) since I can't accept the results due to the command prompt only popping up for a split second.

On another note, the readme on page 2 states:

It would look like this: DCS World

OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Operation Red Bear

Is this campaign only for the open beta branch of 1.5? Might be the root of the problems I'm having, I'm running the stable version.

Was Operation Red Bear the original name and you changed it to Nordic Battle? If so, please consider updating the readme.

Operation Red Bear is my first campaign I made, and it seems I missed to correct the readme, sorry about that. I don´t know if it works on stable. Maybe you need to correct the path in the Nordic Battle.cmp file. Open it with notepad++

Look for

["directory"] = "DCS World OpenBeta\\Mods\\aircraft\\AJS37\\Missions\\EN\\Campaigns"

Change it to the correct path. Observe that there are on several places.

Also: run the game as an admin. I have to do that to make it work.

Edited by Cristofer

Does this message appear every time?

The campaign has beed updated, there was a missing image error.

At least after the first mission. There was no debriefing so I assumed things went wrong and restarted the campaign a couple of times, same result. Doesn't happen with the other DCE campaigns but could still be something on my end.

Operation Red Bear is my first campaign I made, and it seems I missed to correct the readme, sorry about that. I don´t know if it works on stable. Maybe you need to correct the path in the Nordic Battle.cmp file. Open it with notepad++

Look for

["directory"] = "DCS World OpenBeta\\Mods\\aircraft\\AJS37\\Missions\\EN\\Campaigns"

Change it to the correct path. Observe that there are on several places.

Also: run the game as an admin. I have to do that to make it work.

I updated to v1.1, made the changes to battle.cmp and ran the game as admin, yet the problem persists, still a bunch of command prompts pop up for a split second after I exit the mission and the debrief is still MIA.

Furthermore, isn't stable and beta the same at the moment, 1.5.6.5199?

I'm out of ideas at the moment.

At least after the first mission. There was no debriefing so I assumed things went wrong and restarted the campaign a couple of times, same result. Doesn't happen with the other DCE campaigns but could still be something on my end.

Look if the path is correct in the Nordic Battle.cmp file (on 4 places)

Try to make a new mission with the firstmission.bat in CMD

I am using the openbeta, so my filepath is Eagle Dynamic\DCS World OpenBeta\...and so on

I have noticed that some have just "DCS World" as folder name. Perhaps that´s why. Change the path in the cmp-file, I believe it´s the only file that has to be changed, but I´m not sure. Then make a new start mission with the bat file, then restart campaign in the game.

I updated to v1.1, made the changes to battle.cmp and ran the game as admin, yet the problem persists, still a bunch of command prompts pop up for a split second after I exit the mission and the debrief is still MIA.

Furthermore, isn't stable and beta the same at the moment, 1.5.6.5199?

I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Hmm, I have no idea:(

What happens if you make a new start mission with the firstmission.bat file, than restart camapign within the game?

Hmm, I have no idea:(

What happens if you make a new start mission with the firstmission.bat file, than restart camapign within the game?

Same result. :(

I've tried the Mirage over Caucasus campaign and it works so far.

Although I get a couple command prompt pop ups as well but one of them stays and lets me decide whether I accept the outcome or not, the debrief shows up as well.

Hmm, I think I solved it. For some reason, when adding files to a zip archive, empty folders are not added, so two folders was missing in the nordic battle folder: Debriefing and debug. I have updated the zip file, and I hope it works now.

I noticed that the same thing on my other campaign Red Bear, and have updated it as well. Sorry about that

Edited by Cristofer

I found the culprit.

I just added a "Debriefing" and "Debug" folder.

"\EN\Campaigns\Nordic Battle\Debriefing"

"\EN\Campaigns\Nordic Battle\Debug"

I'm guessing it tried to write the Debrief 1.txt file into the "Debriefing" folder which didn't exist and therefor crashed the dynamic campaign engine.

I'm also able to play the campaign without having to start dcs with admin rights.

Can't wait to get properly started with the campaign :)

Thanks again for all your work creating this campaign.

Hmm, I think I solved it. For some reason, when adding files to a zip archive, empty folders are not added, so two folders was missing in the nordic battle folder: Debriefing and debug. I have updated the zip file, and I hope it works now.

I noticed that the same thing on my other campaign Red Bear, and have updated it as well. Sorry about that

Beat me to the punch :thumbup:

I'm having the same problem as SirBunker. I've made the changes to allow LUA os and io functions, and I'm using the version which isn't missing any folders. Note that my DCS OpenBeta install doesn't have an AJS37/Missions/EN directory, and doesn't load campaigns placed in Missions/EN/Campaigns. Putting it in Missions/Campaigns shows it as a campaign option, but gives that error popup when leaving a mission.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I'm having the same problem as SirBunker. I've made the changes to allow LUA os and io functions, and I'm using the version which isn't missing any folders. Note that my DCS OpenBeta install doesn't have an AJS37/Missions/EN directory, and doesn't load campaigns placed in Missions/EN/Campaigns. Putting it in Missions/Campaigns shows it as a campaign option, but gives that error popup when leaving a mission.

If put in other folders, some files has to be edited.

FirstMission.bat

The numbers of ..\ For example if the EN folder is missing, the campaign folder is "one step" closer to the main DCS folders, and one of the ..\ has to be removed. The same thing goes with the SkipMission.bat file.

Nordic Battle.cmp This is the campaign file, and there are a path on four places in it. Open it with notepad++ and correct the paths.

camp_init.lua in the init folder. Edit it with notepad++

There is a path to the campaign folder there.

I think that´s all files that has to be edited

• Like 1

I got it working. Thanks for the pointer. For anyone at home, the list of files which require changes:

1. Nordic Battle.cmp (change the path in all four places)

2. Nordic Battle/FirstMission.bat (change the path to correctly point at DCS/bin/luae.exe)

3. Nordic Battle/SkipMission.bat (change the path to correctly point at DCS/bin/luae.exe)

4. Nordic Battle/Init/camp_init.lua (change the path at the top)

5. Nordic Battle/Status/camp_status.lua (change the path at the top)

Thanks also for putting this together! All I have to do now is figure out how the radio works.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I've tried get it to work in 1.5, but I'm confused with all the changes.

Can somebody please upload it for 1.5?

/thanx

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.