I can't believe it is really happening!

I can't believe that the envisioned "Virtual Battlefield" is really falling into place. It has taken many small steps to get here, but it's crazy how quickly this evolved into what is DCS World.

I still remember being a kid in middle school when Falcon 4 came out and reading about their dreams of the Virtual Battlefield where you could connect different aircraft together to fight in the same environment...that never really happened.

Now we will soon have it where A-10C, KA-50 both extremely high fidelity, as well as the P-51, and (crosses fingers) Flaming Cliffs 3, whatever the next "lengendary aircraft will be", and the next DCS High Fidelity (Jet Fighter?), and the upcoming MiG-21 3rd party aircraft, all in one simulation environment...DCS World.

I'm feeling nostalgic both from the point of view where we came from the ambitious goals of Falcon 4 virtual battlefield to where we are now with DCS World. Now, only a few years into my own flight simulation job after college I'm also feeling nostalgic to see where I'm at now from playing Jane's US Navy fighters as a kid....

Thanks DCS :)

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

You're right...the madness!

tumblr_lrhcukgEuV1qjqu9a.gif

• Like 1

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

And you haven't even mentioned Combined Arms :)

Nate

Yeaah, and after the new terrain model, hopefully with more resolution capability , with all this CAS aircraft I want my full line of MBTs: M-60A3TTS, T-72, M-1, Leopard, T-80, etc, etc... :music_whistling:

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i noticed the Icon for Combined Arms in the pics for the Mig 21. Im not sure if we are supposed to see that but its there hehe. Im guessing the pics where taken of an as yet unrelease version of the DCS world =)

i noticed the Icon for Combined Arms in the pics for the Mig 21. Im not sure if we are supposed to see that but its there hehe. Im guessing the pics where taken of an as yet unrelease version of the DCS world =)

Correct.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team

Correct

After flying the P-51 and seeing the difference to other sims I believe they should put together DCS: F-16 as the flight model blows everything else out of the water...

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

After flying the P-51 and seeing the difference to other sims I believe they should put together DCS: F-16 as the flight model blows everything else out of the water...

What would be nice is if them team behind BMS came over here to develop DCS: F-16....

That team has has a lot of experience with that bird and could be a huge boost to the DCS community.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

What would be nice is if them team behind BMS came over here to develop DCS: F-16....

That team has has a lot of experience with that bird and could be a huge boost to the DCS community.

That would be awesome if they could get that airframe under this roof. Maybe do like the MiG-21 go 3rd Party partner with it.

― Carl Sagan

That would be awesome if they could get that airframe under this roof. Maybe do like the MiG-21 go 3rd Party partner with it.

Yeah and put a dynamic campaign mod in to boot...

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Wow!! Just read the news of the Fishbed,I'm happily surprised!!

Yeah , just imagine world war 3 ..... yaknow the one that never happened , cold war 80-90's .

Imagine DCS in a cold war scenario , A-10 , F-4 , F-15 , F-16 , F-18 , Mig-29 , SU-27 , SU-25 , MIG-21 ...... throw in some Tornados , Harriers , Mirages , SU-22 , MIG-23/27 ..... and a map of central Europe .

Oh dear , Ive just shot me load under the table !!!

look, this idea of a core component has been talked about for well over 2 years now, it is essentially inevitable, due to how the files are structured, so i really don't understand the surprise here.

look, this idea of a core component has been talked about for well over 2 years now, it is essentially inevitable, due to how the files are structured, so i really don't understand the surprise here.

Not surprised, excited...it is different.

Clearly, I know that this has been a long time coming, stated that pretty well in the original post :)

But it is exciting to see the platform that will house all these airframes together in one place

― Carl Sagan

Gentlemen, let's stick to the original topic of the thread if you please.

/OT discussion removed.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I remember when there was talk of Janes doing the same thing a long time ago, of course back then the Infrastructure just wasn't up to the task.

Win7 x64, I7-950 HD 5800 ThrustMaster Hotas WartHog, IRTracker 5, ThrustMaster Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, MFD Couger V2

Am I to stupid in some way? Where can I find a download link or something similar?!

here

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: