Delay takeoff for AI

I have an airfield that the player has to attack as part of the mission. Ideally what I"d like is the aircraft of that airfield to take off 40 minutes after the mission starts and fly their way points. Currently I have them sitting still by removing all their fuel. But is there a delay function that I can tell them to wait 40 mintues and then take off?

Also, I see there is a fly over waypoint I can put for them. Does this mean they will repeat the loop until bingo fuel and then land? I'd like the fighter to take off and circle the airfield doing air coverage.

Thanks

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Go into "triggered actions" for each group, select perform command, select the "Start N/A" tasks.

Then go to trigger editor, select ONCE, condition is TIME MORE (2400) action is AI Task (aircraft group name. Start)

Done! :p

Fly over waypoint just means the aircraft group will fly over that specific point before going to the next waypoint. Turning waypoints mean the group will begin turning before the waypoint ends to smoothly join the route for the next waypoint.

• Like 1

Go into "triggered actions" for each group, select perform command, select the "Start N/A" tasks.

Then go to trigger editor, select ONCE, condition is TIME MORE (2400) action is AI Task (aircraft group name. Start)

Done! :p

Fly over waypoint just means the aircraft group will fly over that specific point before going to the next waypoint. Turning waypoints mean the group will begin turning before the waypoint ends to smoothly join the route for the next waypoint.

You forgot that you have to select "uncontrolled at start" or whatever it's called for the group under the group's main options window.

Roiegat, here's an example mission. Two MiG-29s. They wait 10 minutes to take off. They orbit the base in a circular orbit for 30 minutes and then land.

To get the orbit to occur, you have to specify a waypoint action of "orbit". Make sure the type of orbit is circular. Set the orbit's altitude and speed. To get the orbit to end after a fixed time period, set the stop condition to "Duration" or whatever it's called, and enter the appropriate time. To make the orbit end after a variable amount of time, you can even make the stop condition be a flag with the "Is User" option. "Is User" really should just read "Flag is true". Anyway, in this example mission, I just use a duration of 30 mins for the stop condition.

wait and orbit.miz

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• 6 years later...

After spending hours trying the above with no results, and searching the forms, I found this post which clearly shows how to create a "bot delayed start up and takeoff.

The big thing is you have to add in the start from the "trigger tab" as shown in the post linked above and the image re-linked below, not the way-point tab.

The reason I'm resurrecting this tread is that if you do a fourm search and/or google search for the subject "AI delayed take-off" this is the tread you will be directed to. I found the above linked thread by manually searching through the Missions and Campaigns sub-forums, very time consuming.

Image_035.jpg

Thanks SDsc0rch

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

How about this one?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195923

Or this one?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199631

Or this one?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194996

Or this one?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193401

Or this one?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3242831#post3242831

Or this one?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3105846&postcount=3

And that's going back less than 1 year. :lol:

We desperately need a nice stickied post for this.

This is very awesome, I've just spent near an hour bangin my head against the wall trying to get my AI A-10C wingmen to wait 12 mins or so till I finish my Rampstart.

Your a legend Fee! I just printed out one of those posts that saved my #!%^*

Cheers man, ty kindly

thumbup.gif

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Your own wingman should wait until you start taxi to move; for additional flights, that should work perfectly. Just tie the AI TASK PUSH trigger to UNIT'S SPEED HIGHER THAN (myA10, 1) or create a trigger zone over your parking space and tie the startup to UNIT OUTSIDE ZONE (myA10, myparking) :thumbup:

Your own wingman should wait until you start taxi to move; for additional flights, that should work perfectly. Just tie the AI TASK PUSH trigger to UNIT'S SPEED HIGHER THAN (myA10, 1) or create a trigger zone over your parking space and tie the startup to UNIT OUTSIDE ZONE (myA10, myparking) :thumbup:

Thanks a heap FeeFi, one last question man and i’ll leave you be “ your own wingmen” meaning the ones I create from my unit ie: 1 of 2 and 1 of 3 etc yes? I mean like the units that move when I move my AC around ) And “additional flights” ones I place down from the AC tab from the far left correct? And is it these ones that can only be TASK PUSH triggered?

( sorry more than 1 question )

:)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Correct. The "uncontrolled" option applies to the entire group; if you select this for a client flight players will not be able to occupy the slot.

For your own flight your wingman shouldn't start rolling until you do. For any extra AI you want to delay use the methods illustrated in the other posts.

Thanks a bunch feefifofum, that's very kind, patient and helpful of you sir. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

Cheers mate :thumbup:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello people, I need your help to "refine" my very first "triggered conditioned" mission...

The setting:

- Caucasus map;

- flying from the Blue Airbase with the F-14B to the Red Airbase - at the center of the trigger area;

- there's also the 3 different radars belonging to a S-300 site, and an A-50 AWACS near the Red Airbase;

- intendend to have the MiG-23 to intercept me as soon as my aircraft enters the trigger area;

After reading the manual; and several threads here and tweaking a lot with the mission editor... I managed to get the MiG-23 to take-off and start its CAP patrol orbit when my aircraft enters the trigger area.

... the issue is: it only chases my aircraft after I lock him in my radar first - the AWACS and the SAM site radars seem to do nothing.

How can I change things to get him chasing me as soon as he takes-off ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB