• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Can not create process" when trying to start the updated DCS:W

What I did:

1. uninstall all JSGME mods

2. forced a DCS Repair

3. forced a DCS Update

Update run successfully

4. Start DCS via the Startmenu shortcut (DCS_Updater.exe)

Got that error message.

Starting DCS.exe instead: DCS:W spash screen comes, black screen comes, but no loading bar or anything else. Hangs just at the black screen and the logs show no error, it just ends(?) prematurely. Processors run at idle - so I'd assume, the DCS process isn't doing much anymore.

Anyone else having troubles here?

edit:

Why is my shortcut pointing to DCS_updater.exe anyways (have it like that for ... years?)!? When I start "Run.exe" everything seems to work ok!? wtf?"

Edited by Flagrum

Is the update out?:pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

What I didn't understand very well was this:

"IMPORTANT:

Star Force ProActive has recently implemented a deactivation option for DCS: MiG-21bis. In order to avoid an unneeded activation of previously activated module due to Start Force protection changes, please:

Deactivate the module

Exit DCS

Start DCS again

Activate the module after starting a MiG-21BIS mission

NOTE for Windows 8 users: It is possible that you will receive a warning notifying you that module can't write to registry after it activates. Confirm this notification and let the mission start. You won't get into the cockpit this time. Exit the mission and restart DCS. Load another MiG-21BIS mission: you should be in the cockpit this time."

I have to do all this right after I downloaded the update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice an update it is.

I'm very happy and can't wait for new C-101EB. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

What I didn't understand very well was this:

"IMPORTANT:

Star Force ProActive has recently implemented a deactivation option for DCS: MiG-21bis. In order to avoid an unneeded activation of previously activated module due to Start Force protection changes, please:

Deactivate the module

Exit DCS

Start DCS again

Activate the module after starting a MiG-21BIS mission

NOTE for Windows 8 users: It is possible that you will receive a warning notifying you that module can't write to registry after it activates. Confirm this notification and let the mission start. You won't get into the cockpit this time. Exit the mission and restart DCS. Load another MiG-21BIS mission: you should be in the cockpit this time."

I have to do all this right after I downloaded the update?

It's an impossible task here (activated the module once since it came out) ! This is what starforce say:

"Application deactivation is impossible. Your license does not allow the deactivation or the number of deactivations allowed by the license is exceeded. Contact the product publisher"

Update to the sound system and sounds of various aircraft.

Which aircraft and which sounds in particular?

Try the Ka-50. :)

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Appearently Mig-21 module owners are losing activations with this new update (not their fault) but a mistake from the developer and the starforce system, I suggest resetting all available starforce mig-21 keys from LN back to 10 OR +1 to each license. Thanks !

F-15C. AAR Tanker will now fill to 100%.

Does this mean no more infinite fuel after refueling to full?

F-15C. FLOOD mode will no longer provide a lock indication in MP.

What? FLOOD never gave lock tone, it only gave a search radar away. Like as if you were in TWS.

Appearently Mig-21 module owners are losing activations with this new update (not their fault) but a mistake from the developer and the starforce system, I suggest resetting all available starforce mig-21 keys from LN back to 10 OR +1 to each license. Thanks !

+1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

What? FLOOD never gave lock tone, it only gave a search radar away. Like as if you were in TWS.

No there was a lock, just no launch warning, at least i seem to remember that.

No there was a lock, just no launch warning, at least i seem to remember that.

There wasn't, I've been subject to FLOOD shots in a controlled environment where I only had a search indication and identified the launch and guidance of the missile with my eyes. The only reason FLOOD was a thing a because it was sneaky, if you got a lock tone from close range you would sure as hell know something's going on.

can anybody do a little clip with new sounds for the poor folks that are working? :music_whistling:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

There wasn't' date=' I've been subject to FLOOD shots in a controlled environment where I only had a search indication and identified the launch and guidance of the missile with my eyes. The only reason FLOOD was a thing a because it was sneaky, if you got a lock tone from close range you would sure as hell know something's going on.[/quote']

Maybe it broke in the past patch?

When you've spend all your activations you'll get 1 activation a month from ED. Activations are not the problem in my opinion....

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

When you've spend all your activations you'll get 1 activation a month from ED. Activations are not the problem in my opinion....

EDIT:

Maybe the update has been fixed with the MIG-21 issue experienced by early downloaders.

The module wasn't working and the important steps from ED in the update log didn't work too.

My advice if you still have trouble from the 1.2.15 update with the MIG-21 is to go to module manager and delete your MIG-21 module, restart DCS , install it again from the module manager.

Edited by Cnuke