Commnity Skins - made official

philstyle

I've been looking through the fw190-A8 skins thread.. and.. my goodness, the whole thread is full of amazing skins.

ED, please consider approaching the community for skins on a regular basis to add to the core sim. The quality of material bring produced is amazing, and I bet many of the skin makers would be happy to have their skins used by ED.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Even with no contest or map to win we would be happy to create skins and "help" DCS development, so ED could use their ressources for other tasks !

(But I assume creating the paint kit is by far the most time-consuming task)

Looking at the size of skins it would be hard to ask people to buy hdd only because of skins :s (and even for skin for planes you Don t have)

Yes maybe choose 10 or so skins...

Hello,

For my point of view, this skin contest has put the Fw190A-8 on the front of the ww2 stage.

It was a good idea which works.

I will be pleased to be able to use some of them which are superb (very nice work) :thumbup: and THANK YOU

Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

Even with no contest or map to win we would be happy to create skins and "help" DCS development, so ED could use their ressources for other tasks !

(But I assume creating the paint kit is by far the most time-consuming task)

The 3d package will do a lot of the work for a paintkit - adding small common markings & writing is fairly tine-consuming but honestly not really more than a more complicated paintjob.

I'd like a lot more community paints added just so everyone in MP is on the same field.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

To have more skin, ED should consider to update the way skin are made.

Would be nice to have the possibility to have several skin in one description lua and the possibility to add decals with separate files.

Would be nice to be able to create a generic skin and then make in the lua :

plane 1 : generic background and decal file 1

plane 2 : generic background and decal file 2

plane 3 : ...

This would help to have 1 background for several skins and then to make variation of ot with some decals files. This would not be as nice as the skin we have now. But this would help to create the skin of almost all the plane of a squadron without using lot of space on HDD.

Or maybe a system that allow to create a folder with generic files that the description.lua can access. For examples : personnalised pilots, patches, bort numbers, ...

Now we have to put copy of them in all of our skin folder if we don't use the ED original texture. This is a big waste of space.

IIRC they did with the 109, a similar contest and after that I believe almost all the skins were included as an update, even the bad ones :music_whistling:. So, 190 is not the first time, and careful with what you desire…

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice