DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Mic clicks question

My question is:

Is there a way to change the mic click sounds? I have tried using different mic click wav files that I like better, naming them "Radio-TX-1600.wav" and "Radio-RX-1600.wav" but that doesn't seem to work.Anyone know what I am missing?

A.P.Hill, whenever i make new sounds, best to always check the file structure and also naming. Maybe an idea to open the SRS sound file in an editor like Audacity and copy and paste over the original. Save it somewhere else with same name. Backup original then copy your new file in place.

Works for me but it can be trial an error. I will be trying this out in srs as not edited files in this one. If i have any luck, will let you know

Cheers

My question is:

Is there a way to change the mic click sounds? I have tried using different mic click wav files that I like better, naming them "Radio-TX-1600.wav" and "Radio-RX-1600.wav" but that doesn't seem to work.Anyone know what I am missing?

For whatever reason, I am not getting the mic click sounds at all in my SRS. Havent for some time. I have verified that it is enabled in the settings but still nothing.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Hey Guys,

Before I start spending countless hours troubleshooting, I’m having the following problem with SRS:

When I get in the Hornet, I cannot transmit on the radios nor hear anyone else. This is happening in multiplayer with other Hornets that are able to communicate using SRS, in the same multiplayer mission; with me as the host. On the SRS pop-up I can see the “*” symbol switch between COMMs 1 and 2, but the lines don’t turn white, neither as I’m transmitting or when the other guys in the flight are transmitting as well. Power sources on the airplane are normal.

Now, if I jump on the Tomcat in the same mission, other flight members in the Hornets can hear me, but I can’t hear them. As I transmit in the Tomcat, I can see the “*” symbol move between COMMs 1 and 2 again, this time with the TXR, but the lines don’t turn white. However, when the guys transmit, I can see the lines turn white on the appropriate radios, but I can’t hear anything. Again, they can hear me.

All I’ve done is updates, and this started a few updates ago. I”m running as administrator, and I’ve purchase the application. SRS used to work fine in both airplanes. I have a little time to troubleshoot today, and I figure if one of you guys can suggest what’s the most likely cause, it can save me some time. Thanks guys!

Bones

DERacing, make sure there isn't a conflict with your chosen key or joystick switch for push to talk.

Thank you. I'll check that.

Currently, I have a Warthog throttle. Using the hat on the right side of the throttle for comms.

Up - Radio 1 SRS

Dn - Radio 2 SRS

FWD - F10 Radio 1

AFT - F10 Radio 2

Push - Jester (A)

All mappings are separated.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Do i need to re-install SRS Server for the new DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server or just copy sone setups?

Edit: re-install works for me.

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Same issue here as DERacing. No mapping conflicts, also on WH throttle but the hat at the front of the right lever. Radio 1 is right, radio 2 is left, forward is F10 radio 1, aft is F10 radio 2.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have only used it in the Tomcat. I can hear communications fine, am not sure if I can transmit because I have a ridiculously quiet mic and haven't had a response to a mic check yet.

Hi Ciribob,

I have sent you a PM regarding a conflict between SRS and my own GPS-to-GPS and asked for help, but never got an answer. I know some users have turned off PM:s or just simply never read them, and I figured you might be one of them. Not my intention to bug you, but I really would need your help, if possible. Fully respect if you can't/don't want to.

BR

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

This has probably been answered loads of times, but is there a way for me to only have the radio keys in DCS bound, and none in SRS? I'm kind of annoyed by the way it works in the Huey for example, and how the radio 3 (which doesn't exist in the Harrier as far as I know) bind in SRS keys radio two, for keys I want to use for other purposes. Is this possible to avoid?

I would also be interested in this. Probably it has been answered before as said but going through >200 pages is hard and a search didn't yield much. Is it necessary to tab out of DCS into SRS GUI and rebind everything when i changbe the AC type?

Or is SCS able to readout the internal DCS keybindings for each A/C type and radio? (And then directly use this for PPT?)

thanks

Edit: if not, will it be possible to have some kind of a load/save preset option for keybindings in the future? I don't want to be unthankful btw :) , it is already an amazing addition to DCS world!:thumbup:

Edited by Moafuleum

For support Please go to Discord https://discord.gg/YJTSwNZ

no what i meant was if me and a friend play a mission on our own

and we wanna use srs do we have to make our own SRS server?

or can we "piggyback" off of another SRS server because i have been able to connect to say, the buddyspike SRS server and talk to people even tho im not in the buddyspike game server

You can piggyback but its not a nice thing to do :) You should really setup your own or ask for permission

Anyone have any issue getting SRS to work with the F5?

I have no issues with F14, F18, Mirage but the F5 seems to key the radio and locks it on. I have no mic clicks etc once this happens.

Any thoughts?

cheers

F5 has an optional DCS Hotkey button instead of SRS - it works by pressing the physical PTT in the cockpit or the DCS hotkey controls

Disable this with the SRS Setting "Allow INCOCKPIT DCS controlled PTT" to FALSE

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but, I noticed that pressing 0 key removed or brought back the notification at bottom left of screen regarding Not connected to Server. Can this be re configured to another keystroke?

Cheers

Not able to replicate - CTRL + SHIFT + ESC controls the DCS overlay

This has probably been answered loads of times, but is there a way for me to only have the radio keys in DCS bound, and none in SRS? I'm kind of annoyed by the way it works in the Huey for example, and how the radio 3 (which doesn't exist in the Harrier as far as I know) bind in SRS keys radio two, for keys I want to use for other purposes. Is this possible to avoid?

Not every aircraft can be integrated fully - some have DCS controlled PTTs and others dont so unfortunately its not consistent

You can turn on ALWAYS allow SRS Hotkeys and Disable Allow Incockpit DCS Controlled PTT so its consistent - but it will be SRS controls

Hey Guys,

Before I start spending countless hours troubleshooting, I’m having the following problem with SRS:

When I get in the Hornet, I cannot transmit on the radios nor hear anyone else. This is happening in multiplayer with other Hornets that are able to communicate using SRS, in the same multiplayer mission; with me as the host. On the SRS pop-up I can see the “*” symbol switch between COMMs 1 and 2, but the lines don’t turn white, neither as I’m transmitting or when the other guys in the flight are transmitting as well. Power sources on the airplane are normal.

Now, if I jump on the Tomcat in the same mission, other flight members in the Hornets can hear me, but I can’t hear them. As I transmit in the Tomcat, I can see the “*” symbol move between COMMs 1 and 2 again, this time with the TXR, but the lines don’t turn white. However, when the guys transmit, I can see the lines turn white on the appropriate radios, but I can’t hear anything. Again, they can hear me.

All I’ve done is updates, and this started a few updates ago. I”m running as administrator, and I’ve purchase the application. SRS used to work fine in both airplanes. I have a little time to troubleshoot today, and I figure if one of you guys can suggest what’s the most likely cause, it can save me some time. Thanks guys!

Bones

The F14 is designed to work out of the box with SRS without any controls set in SRS at all. Set the DCS PTT bindings

OR

turn on ALWAYS allow SRS Hotkeys and Disable Allow Incockpit DCS Controlled PTT

Same issue here as DERacing. No mapping conflicts, also on WH throttle but the hat at the front of the right lever. Radio 1 is right, radio 2 is left, forward is F10 radio 1, aft is F10 radio 2.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have only used it in the Tomcat. I can hear communications fine, am not sure if I can transmit because I have a ridiculously quiet mic and haven't had a response to a mic check yet.

Same as above

Hi Ciribob,

I have sent you a PM regarding a conflict between SRS and my own GPS-to-GPS and asked for help, but never got an answer. I know some users have turned off PM:s or just simply never read them, and I figured you might be one of them. Not my intention to bug you, but I really would need your help, if possible. Fully respect if you can't/don't want to.

BR

/H

Sorry been very busy - not had a chance to reply / debug!

I would also be interested in this. Probably it has been answered before as said but going through >200 pages is hard and a search didn't yield much. Is it necessary to tab out of DCS into SRS GUI and rebind everything when i changbe the AC type?

Or is SCS able to readout the internal DCS keybindings for each A/C type and radio? (And then directly use this for PPT?)

thanks

Edit: if not, will it be possible to have some kind of a load/save preset option for keybindings in the future? I don't want to be unthankful btw :) , it is already an amazing addition to DCS world!:thumbup:

Replied above

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry been very busy - not had a chance to reply / debug!

No worries, now I know you're aware. Take your time.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Sorry Cribob but went over to discord but got no answer. Sent you a pm regarding uninstalling SRS

Cheers

I replied to you on the 5th asking for more info on the Discord channel :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I can't figure out why my screen shakes when using SRS. It ONLY happens when I'm in the F1 view.

Thanks for your help.

As above

For support Please go to Discord https://discord.gg/YJTSwNZ

Question regarding the in cockpit mic click RX/TX. What software controls the RX/TX output? The reason I asked is I just switched from a usb headset to a wireless headset, Corsair HS70 and SRS works as it should however the mic click on/off is barely audible and has been reduced to a blip when SRS db's turned up to +28.

I appreciate the input.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question regarding the in cockpit mic click RX/TX. What software controls the RX/TX output? The reason I asked is I just switched from a usb headset to a wireless headset, Corsair HS70 and SRS works as it should however the mic click on/off is barely audible and has been reduced to a blip when SRS db's turned up to +28.

I appreciate the input.

Please read one up from your post - Discord for support :)

• 2 weeks later...

Query about old post

Could you look at post 1441. I was wondering if the cross channel talk issue they were having while transmitting had been resolved.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Could you look at post 1441. I was wondering if the cross channel talk issue they were having while transmitting had been resolved.
Yes cross channel issues were resolved a long while ago :)

• 2 weeks later...

Noob question

This works for humans on blue and red or do we need to connect to 2 different srs servers ?

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noob question

This works for humans on blue and red or do we need to connect to 2 different srs servers ?

This works for humans on the same frequencies. There is an option to prevent the other coalition from eavesdropping, though, as well as using the radio encryption in planes that support it.

EDIT so you need one SRS server handling frequencies from DCS and use the radios as you would IRL.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)