Launching on DL contacts

shaHeen-1

It requires a two way data link I believe, that’s what I always see being said when people talk about this capability.

It’s really only practical with longer ranged missiles seems to be the modern military consensus. For example PL-15 wold have longer range then our JF-17s radar, with such a weapon you would need to be able to fire on DL and be able to cancel and change course mid flight.

I know it sounds easy, but with this similar to Link-16 system it’s still in the dawn of data links era, they are still a pretty immature technology, so I don’t expect too much.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

i dunno. imagine never turning on your radar at all. even for TWS. and chucking an SD10 that still roughly follows the lead dot. It doesn't seem too much of an ask. as you mentioned before one can still vaguely do it maddog. the computer should be able to do a much better job.

The plane does not have a MSI capability at current block. PAF can not afford a all-best airplane that will cost too much at that time. And JF-17(at least block I&II) was mainly aimed to replace J-7P, Q-5, Mirage-3,etc ,not the F-16 fleet.

So cost will be its first concern. Aside, F-16 will do the primary air dominance job in PAF.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

I don't understand.... The computer should already be able to do this. It's just some software that reads DL contact and guides based on that. We can already roughly do it ourself by aiming maddog where DL contact is going. Computer should be able to do it much better like how it guides in TWS till active.

I don't understand.... The computer should already be able to do this. It's just some software that reads DL contact and guides based on that. We can already roughly do it ourself by aiming maddog where DL contact is going. Computer should be able to do it much better like how it guides in TWS till active.

DL track from surveillance radar may not be that precise in the RL like what we have in the game. Surveillance radar usually use S or L band, which may not suitable for pinpoint a target's exact location, that's why a X band FCR is needed (in most case) to give fire control level of target data.

So a datalink target may not actually at the place where U see it on HSD.

To track a DL target, the plane need to have MSI capability to fuse the DL data into FCR and the FCR should then have a special mode that adjust its AZ/EL to scan a small area(ie. 10deg 4bar) to find the target's actually position.

Personally, I think this function should or already been added to the newer fighters or newer radars.

The things we can access in the game is usually 10-20 years ago,that's quite a long time and the fighter planes are always under continuously upgrading.:lol:

Deka Ironwork Tester Team