Non-Historical Skins

Can we get some non-Nazi skins for the German warbirds? I can't bring myself to buy them for this very reason. There's no way I'm flying a plane with that crap stenciled all over it...

Fantasy skins. Captured skins. Air racing skins. Hell, I don't care if it's Hello Kitty and My Pretty Pony. Be a helluva lot better than the options available.

I'd hazard a guess you're in minority with your opinion, so I wouldn't expect either devs or many modders to follow that request.

HOWEVER - there's always at least one VVS/RAF/USAAF-captured livery included by default for each of German warbirds, moreover, the 109 has two generic, racing liveries (IIRC), plus a couple from countries, which were either neutral during the war (Switzerland), or fought on the Axis side, but didn't have any German markings painted on their planes (for example Hungary).

Selection of default non-German Fw-190 liveries is smaller, but there are a few to choose from.

Check the skins section of the forum too, you'll see custom skin makers made a few you might like as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Funny :huh:

There are lot of skin without german markings in users files.

If not happy, learn how to create skins.

For axis Bf 109 (not historical for the K) : Slovakian, Romanian, Italian, ... Just never check the finish one :music_whistling: (but if you do, read about them)

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I've checked the user files for skins, and except for a few Japanese skins (which I'm fine with, by the way) for the Anton and Kurfurst, there aren't many non-Nazi skins. Or even just many skins at all. Three pages maybe for each?

If there are default non-Nazi liveries, can they be used on servers regardless of nationality? (I'm not talking about historical WWII combat servers, but aerobatic and practice servers. On the WWII servers, I just won't fly for that side. Don't care how lopsided the teams are. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I'm not a big fan of Nazis.)

While I understand my position may not be the popular one around here, I'm just saying I'm perfectly willing to pay for and even fly these planes. Provided they aren't decorated like a Nazi Christmas tree.

And for the record, I'm familiar with the Finnish skin. For German planes as well as for that abomination someone fashioned for the I-16.

Also, it's easier for me to just not buy the things than learn how to make my own liveries.

Can we get some non-Nazi skins for the German warbirds? I can't bring myself to buy them for this very reason. There's no way I'm flying a plane with that crap stenciled all over it...

Fantasy skins. Captured skins. Air racing skins. Hell, I don't care if it's Hello Kitty and My Pretty Pony. Be a helluva lot better than the options available.

But you would fly a nazi plane anyway.. hmm. How would you call that?

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

But you would fly a nazi plane anyway.. hmm. How would you call that?

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Exactly, Everyone knows for what those planes were used anyway :) Same as p-51 spitfire or any other fighter. Used to shoot down planes from other side.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

First, the only Nazi mark on the bird is the Swastika, which has been censored from most of the default skins. The cross insignia on the wings and fuselage are not associated with Nazism, and have been used from WWI up through the present day with the Bundeswehr.

Second, there are plenty of fictional skins available for download, including RAF schemes, A6M2 Zero schemes, and even a Redbull racing skin.

Thanks for the responses. I've checked the user files for skins, and except for a few Japanese skins (which I'm fine with, by the way) for the Anton and Kurfurst, there aren't many non-Nazi skins. Or even just many skins at all. Three pages maybe for each?

If there are default non-Nazi liveries, can they be used on servers regardless of nationality? (I'm not talking about historical WWII combat servers, but aerobatic and practice servers. On the WWII servers, I just won't fly for that side. Don't care how lopsided the teams are. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I'm not a big fan of Nazis.)

While I understand my position may not be the popular one around here, I'm just saying I'm perfectly willing to pay for and even fly these planes. Provided they aren't decorated like a Nazi Christmas tree.

And for the record, I'm familiar with the Finnish skin. For German planes as well as for that abomination someone fashioned for the I-16.

Also, it's easier for me to just not buy the things than learn how to make my own liveries.

These two default racing skins for 109 don't have any countries set in their description.lua files, so they should be selectable in any mission. I don't know however, how livery selection works on multiplayer servers, 'cause I just don't play online.

There's an Avia S-199-inspired default Israeli skin available for 109, by the way :D

Anton got its official template released only recently, so the number of custom skins made by community is still limited, but there are already quite a few non-German ones.

Dora is in the worst situation - despite being released 6 years ago, it still doesn't have up-to-date official template and most of the old custom skins available for it (and there were crapton of them made back in the day) are not compatible with with 2.5.x+. It does have single USAAF, RAF and VVS default livery, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

These two default racing skins for 109 don't have any countries set in their description.lua files, so they should be selectable in any mission. I don't know however, how livery selection works on multiplayer servers, 'cause I just don't play online.

There's an Avia S-199-inspired default Israeli skin available for 109, by the way :D

Anton got its official template released only recently, so the number of custom skins made by community is still limited, but there are already quite a few non-German ones.

Dora is in the worst situation - despite being released 6 years ago, it still doesn't have up-to-date official template and most of the old custom skins available for it (and there were crapton of them made back in the day) are not compatible with with 2.5.x+. It does have single USAAF, RAF and VVS default livery, though.

I would love to see the D9 with a template like the A8 one.

Would make more skin for it ^^

I found a template to work on it. But it is not that good.

Exactly, Everyone knows for what those planes were used anyway :) Same as p-51 spitfire or any other fighter. Used to shoot down planes from other side.

Admiring a machine as an aviation enthusiast is a helluva lot different than flying it in it's historical context.

But again, you guys know that.

Thank you, @art-j

I will check it out during the Kurfurst's free trial and see how it all works in aerobatics/free flight servers in MP.

(And oooh, and Israeli skin? Haha. Sweet.)

In download section of main DCS site, skins BF109K4 on called : Capture Irmgard author is Kizir 77. who is the author, has no german marking.. It is a nice skin.

Edited by VIKBELL
spelling.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Yeah, as others pointed out there's nothing ''nazi'' about these skins, for starters. It's the same emblem they've used for the last hundred years and still use today. Do you have a similar dislike for the Japanese Rising Sun? They had camps and committed war crimes, too. Or what about the 1940s USAF roundel? Does that offend you? Last I checked carpet bombing cities (ie intentional targeting of civilians) in Germany, Japan, and Vietnam would be considered war crimes in most places except the US. In fact, I distinctly remember the ''Nazis'' being prosecuted for doing exactly that in Spain and Britain.

''Not a fan of Nazis''

Nor of history or common sense, apparently. Double standards much?

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Also there is a just plain green one in the default skins..

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I understand your loathing for the Nazis yet you are ok with the Japanese ?

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Let me just grab my popcorn and watch the world explode :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot help my self: I remember stories by my friends, flying one well-known older classic WW2 simulator on some foreign servers. They saw people flying german planes with japanese markings. Turned out - they were Russians and refused to use svastika.

Imagine server where Russians fly german planes, Polish guys fly russian ones and Chinese guys find themselves with no other option than kick someone using Zero.

And we had scenarios where Italians were fighting Germans as it happened in later part of the war in Italy - thus you had Messerschmidts on both sides.

• 3 weeks later...

"non nazi" skins?

The default liveries are non-nazi skins already. The only markings these default liveries have are the same markings the german airforce uses till to this day on their F-16, Eurofighter , etc. .

Personally I downloaded the original nazi liveres for the german aircrafts and I wouldn't mind to use original USSR liveries either or Japanes or whatever.

It doesn't mean that anyone who use these does support these ideologies its just mean that just how I choose to play a simulator for its realism for same reason I would like to use historically accurate liveries.

I guess they censored these default liveries exactly not to get people offended at the expense of historical accuracy while it seems it was not enough because there are opinions like this based on false interpretation of these different markings.

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home