Helmet update

todd022

Hey HB team, just wanted to say I truly appreciate the little things that make your work so incredible. I jokingly made a thread in the "bugs" section stating the HGU-33 flight helmet with visor housing should have the knob in the "down" position. You guys fixed it! Insane level of detail. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The next pilot related update we'll do in the F-14 is to add the in-cockpit pilots.

Later on; we'll add the HGU-55 as well.

And here I was about to post "I really wish HB would reconsider offering the HGU-55 as well".

Is there a way you guys can use "switches" or flags in either the description.lua or somewhere client side so we can swap the pilot/helmet models at will in skins? Being able to have both helmets as an option will really help with modeling both the older As and the As that still served into the GWOT with the Checkmates, Tophatters, Black Aces, etc.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Yes, it should end up being a switch in the desc.lua for liveries. :)

Perfect!

My other thought was going to be creative usage of Alpha layers to make the visor assembly "invisible". When I did some modding work in Rome Total War years back, one way we got over the maximum model/unit limit was by adding extra parts to the same base unit, and then using alpha layers to only display the helmets, crests, weapons, or shield shapes we wanted for one unit.

I was also thinking something like that may be needed to do the MODEX, since you guys mentioned there were a lot of different locations depending on squadron, year, etc. Maybe if you could somehow map all of them and get them to all display the MODEX, then you could use alpha channels or comment out the un-needed ones in the descr.lua. Then all the fancy fonts can just be handled using the numbers DDS files like other birds such as the F-18 do.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 3 months later...
Any new on the in cockpit pilots? I mean Razbam has since added theirs...
Yes please, the F-14B is not Immersive in VR without Pilot Bodys.

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick: